000

— 🐻 —

— 🐻 —

00. RAINY MILWAUKEE
ミルウォーキー

JEON JUNGKOOK RAN. he ran like his life depended on it, which in the circumstances, he felt that it did. cold lips moved in a never-ending mumbling of prayers, sneakers clad feet splashing puddles of water onto his already wet jeans.

rain poured down in torrents, blurring his vision as he weaved his way through the streets of milwaukee. it was so dark out, it might as well have been seven pm rather than three in the afternoon. it was almost as though the gods themselves were mad at jungkook as well.

"i fucked up. i know." he muttered, glancing up at the tumultuously gray skies that shadowed everything. it reflected the state his mind was in. clouded, muddled, roaring.

he caught his reflection on the side of a glass building as he ran past it. his wet hair was matted to his scalp, white t-shirt stuck to his torso like a second skin, body glistening with water. every muscle in his body was tense. his looks were, however, the least of his problems at the moment.

he kept running, hearing and feeling everything at hypersensitivity. the loud and unsteady beating of his heart, his racing pulse, the breaths that left his lips in shaky puffs. in the hurricane that his mind had become, only one thing stood out. and he focused all his energy on it.

he had to get to the airport. he had to get to her.