027

— 🐻 —

🐻

27. BOWLING
ボーリング

THE HANGERS MADE a clicking sound as lia slipped a t-shirt onto the rack. her shift was nearly over and she was unconsciously counting down the minutes till she could get out of the store.

large hands covered her eyes, making everything go dark. "huh?" her hands came up to pat the ones that blocked her vision, wondering who it was. her fingers traced veins that popped out underneath smooth skin and she grinned. "can you turn the lights back on, cheesecake? darkness isn't really my thing."

jungkook's hands fell away and he leaned his head to see her face. "that was too easy. why?" he blinked at her with doe eyes and she chuckled. turning around to face him, she grabbed one his hands. "i can draw a map with these." she ran a finger over one of his veins.

"besides darryl, you're like the only one i know who has such veiny hands. and darryl will sooner push me into a rack of clothes as a surprise tactic than play a guessing game."

jungkook chuckled at her words but nodded. "my hands are a dead giveaway, got it." he said as she let go. "but what are you doing here?" she asked. "well, we came to pick you up from work." he answered with a small smile. her brow went up in question. "we?"

he glanced back and she followed his gaze. her head tilted in surprise when she saw her friends and his waving at them. brows pulling together in confusion, she waved back. "what's going on?" her gaze moved back to jungkook.

"we bumped into each other a while ago." he replied. "jimin wanted to go bowling. the girls were coming to pick you up and now they want to come along. hodan particularly got really excited about it. it was kind of weird. she's usually the cool one." he whispered the last bit.

lia breathed out a laugh at his expression. "she's the sporty one in our group." she told him. "oh," he nodded in understanding. "c'mon, let's go." his face took on an excited hue. she shook her head.

"i still have ten minutes till i clock out." she pointed to the wall clock. leaning forward on her tiptoes, she whispered in his ear. "and my boss has a stick up her ass. i'll never hear the end of it if i leave even two minutes early."

jungkook pressed his lips together. "let's make the time pass then." he grinned. "what? are you going to make the clocks ten minutes faster?" her eyes narrowed. he laughed but shook his head. "that's one way of doing it, but no."

"then what?" she looked up at him expectantly. "i'm thinking of buying a t-shirt. can you show me the ones you like?" he blinked innocently. she stared at him for a moment, trying to figure out if he was serious. "huh?" she finally let out. "pick any t-shirt." he told her. "it'll be my new favourite t-shirt to wear."

"what?" she gawked at him. hooking a finger under her chin, he shut her mouth. "c'mon, pick!" he placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her around. "uh, okay." she mumbled, feeling flustered all of a sudden.

big, comfortable, neutral colours. she thought as she slowly moved down the aisle. she searched for something she could picture jungkook in. most of his t-shirts were either in whites, blacks, dark blues, or beiges and usually loose on his lean frame.

she stopped at a rack of t-shirts and picked out two she liked and thought reminded her of jungkook. her lips pressed together as she tried to choose between the two. "hmm," he rested his chin on her shoulder. "which one?" he turned his head towards her. she glanced at him and cleared her throat, looking away quickly. the close proximity suddenly made the hot weather more apparent.

she glanced between the oversized white long sleeved t-shirt with dark blue stripes and a white t-shirt with the word 'priceless' printed down the left side. sucking a breath, she finally lifted her right hand. "this one."

"hm, because i'm priceless?" he grinned. "big head." rolling her eyes, she smacked his face with it. he laughed, taking it out of her hands. "thanks for the help, yaya." he straightened. "and now you have a minute and a half left on the clock. just enough time for me to check this out." he pointed at the wall clock.

shaking her head, she watched him for a moment before heading to the back to gather her things. as soon as she was out, he grabbed her by the hand and led her to their friends who were waiting outside.

"she's here!" kash grinned brightly. "yes! now i get to whoop all your asses at bowling!" hodan made a fist. "not a chance." jungkook laughed. "i don't like losing." jimin stated quietly. "nobody does." cathryn added. "don't care. i'm just going for the food." namjoon shrugged.

"that's because your have no arm-hand coordination, hyung." jungkook snorted. namjoon reached over to flick his head. the younger boy only laughed at the slightly painful action.

"i suck at bowling. all i get is gutter balls. i'll just eat with namjoon." lia sighed. "nope, no way." hodan shook her head. "everyone has to play." kash agreed. "if they're making me do it, you have to too. i'm even calling apollo as back up." cathryn piped in. groaning, lia threw her head back.

"why did it have to be bowling?"

☀️☀️☀️

me: *hurries update just to be able to day it's sunshine day* HAPPY SUNSHINE DAY Y'ALL