017

— 🐻 —

— 🐻 —

17. CUPID
キューピッド

A LOUD GROAN emitted from underneath the covers as lia felt herself being shaken awake. kicking her legs in irritation, she twisted around. one eye squinted open to glare at whoever had disturbed her sleep.

her groggy one-eyed gaze fell on charlie looking down at her, one brow raised curiously. "wake up sleeping beauty, it's nearly midday." she called softly. another groan left lia's lips as she faceplanted into her pillows. "one more hour." she mumbled, eyes closing.

"sure, if you want to miss your first day of work." charlie shrugged, turning around to leave the room. a thud followed lia rolling off the bed onto the floor. "holy shit! i forgot!" she groaned once again, lying on her back.

charlie laughed at her little sister, folding her arms over her chest. "were you up watching riverdale again?" she questioned. "yeah, but then i started talking to jungkook and lost track of time." she mumbled, rubbing at her eyes. after he'd fallen asleep, she'd listened to his soft snores for a while before falling asleep herself.

a smirk slowly pulled the corners of charlie's mouth up. "jungkook, hm?" she wiggled her brows, tone suggestive. "we were just talking." she mumbled, getting on her feet.

tossing the covers that had fallen off with her onto the bed, she turned back to her sister. charlie was giving her a teasing look and for some reason lia's cheeks were warming. glancing away from her sister, lia tried to stop herself from blushing.

she stepped around the older girl, approaching her closet to pick out her outfit for the day. "stop making that ridiculous face, charlie. we're just friends." she mumbled, eyeing her clothes. "you know every time someone's told me that, it's turned out to be completely untrue right?"

"well, there's an exception to every rule." lia reached for a white playsuit with blue stripes. holding it up to her body, she turned around for her sister to give her approval. "and you're not it." charlie gave her a thumbs up.

tilting her head, lia gave her a look. "i'm just saying the truth. you're so into him and from what i can see, he's into you as well." charlie gestured to elaborate her point. sighing, her little sister rolled her eyes. "i can't stop hearing that lately." she muttered. "oh so the girls agree with me. see, it must be true."

lia stared blankly at her. "just because a million people say the same thing doesn't make it true." she stated drily, tossing the playsuit on the bed. "um, if a million people say the same thing it must have some basis of truth." her sister countered.

brows arching, the younger sister rested one hand on her hip. "centuries ago, people were convinced the earth was flat. was that true?" she queried fixing the elder with a pointed gaze.

"no," charlie stumbled over her words. "but that and this are completely different things." she argued, hands moving all over the place. "i actually think he has a cute crush on you. and i can tell you like him too because your ears went red when i teased you because you sacrificed sleep to talk to him, which is another case in point."

"are you actually trying to convince me that i like jungkook?" lia made a face. "looks like it! can you not be the annoying clueless lead character in those stupid chick flicks?" charlie threw her hands up. "you like those stupid chick flicks." the younger girl deadpanned.

"that is beside the point." charlie enunciated. "i'm not clueless. maybe in chemistry sometimes, but i'm not." lia huffed, folding her arms over her chest. the older girl laughed softly. "well, that explains a lot." charlie muttered.

lia tilted her head to the side. "what's that supposed to mean?" she asked, nose scrunching. "lia, this is chemistry. the clear chemistry between you and jungkook." charlie gestured, head bobbing with every word.

there was a pregnant pause, neither sister saying a word. charlie stared at her little sister. and lia stared at nothing in particular.

"the sooner you admit you have a crush on him, the sooner i can get my cupid show on the road." charlie finally broke the silence. lia's head snapped up to look at her. "i should have known that was it. you just want to play matchmaker."

she pointed to the door. "forget about it. i'm not going to be your love puppet. and please make your exit, i need to get ready."

sighing, charlie made her way to the door. pressing down on the handle, she turned to the younger girl. "if you change your mind and need some advice. i'm here." she winked. "i probably won't, but thanks." lia's lips curved up in a sardonic smile. "you will." charlie muttered, pulling the door open and walking out.

lia stared after her. hearing the door click shut, she frowned, wondering why her sister was so confident.

☀️☀️☀️

this is becoming like a monthly update smh. sorry for the boring chapter. it's going to get a bit more interesting soon. not proofread so there may be a lot of errors. have a beautiful day/night