013

— 🐻 —

— 🐻 —

13. AFTERNOON WIND
午後の風

JUNGKOOK LISTENED TO jimin laugh at something namjoon said, letting a small smile grace his lips as they stepped out of the movie theatre and into the streets.

he ran a hand through his hair, ruffling the wavy locks as he walked. "should we go eat?" namjoon asked. jungkook was about to answer in the affirmative when something in his peripheral vision caught his eye. he did a double take, pausing in his steps, eyes narrowing to make sure he was seeing right.

lia.

she stood in front of the large building painted a well thought out crisscross of red, blue and yellow, hands in the pockets of her shorts, hair fluttering in the slight wind of late afternoon. she wasn't alone, the three other girls with her seemed to be constantly making her laugh.

she threw her head back, chortling, the sounds she made carried by the wind to his ears. he stared, transfixed as though his feet had been stuck to the ground with gorilla glue.

namjoon appearing in his line of vision, waving his hands snapped him out of his apparent entrancement. "you okay there, kook?" he queried, eyes filled with worry. "are you feeling dizzy? any headache? is it because you haven't slept in a while?"

jimin, sharp as a tack, had already caught on. his eyes bounced between jungkook and the direction he'd been staring only seconds ago. a knowing smile took over his face. "i don't think it's his insomnia that got him dazed." he remarked, smugly slipping his hands into the front pockets of his jeans, head leaning back slightly as he sucked in a breath.

both boys shot their attention to him but jimin kept his eyes across the street. "care to tell me which one she is?"

clearing his throat, jungkook casted his gaze downwards, fingers adjusting and readjusting his glasses. sometimes, jungkook could swear that jimin was some sort of mind reader. he was far too intuitive, which – jungkook guessed – was one of the reasons neuroscience was a perfect fit for him.

by now, namjoon was staring at the girls as well. "which one is she? which one is she?" he hopped excitedly, slightly tugging on jungkook's white t-shirt. jungkook rubbed his forehead, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"let's just go." he mumbled, turning away, ready to resume his walk down the street until he heard namjoon's voice. "lia!" the oldest male yelled out, causing jungkook to freeze in his tracks.

doe eyes widening, his hand quickly moved to clamp down on namjoon's mouth. "hyung!" he hissed, eyes darting to see if lia had heard. the four girls were glancing around which meant they had heard her name being called.

jungkook contemplated hiding but then lia's gaze met his. and even from the distance, he could tell she was looking right at him. his heart rate picked up and for the life of him, jungkook could not understand his reaction to this. his hand fell away from namjoon who pushed him off.

he lifted his hand in an awkward wave, smiling. she waved back, making a face when one of her friends whispered something in her ear. he figured they were teasing her the same way his friends were sure to after now.

this was the third time they would be running into each other at the most unlikely places and jungkook really didn't know what to make of it.

without thinking about it, he began to make his way across the road and over to lia's side. "wait for us, kook!" namjoon called and he heard both he and jimin's footsteps behind him.

he pressed his lips together, breathing in deeply when he successfully crossed to the other side. a full fledged smile found its way to his face when he reached them. sucking in a breath, he waved, "hi."