039

- 🐻 -

- 🐻 -

39. BARBECUE
バーベキュー

KASH BALANCED THE tray in her hands again. "honey, hurry up!" her mother said over her shoulder as she whisked her way to the kims' backyard. "yes, mama." she sighed with a quick roll of her eyes.

someone snatching the tray of food out of her hands made her eyes go bigger with shock. she lunged, ready to attack the thief until her gaze fell on kaleb's smiling face. his cheeks were rounded out and he looked like a happy little child. her eyes shut and she breathed a sigh of relief.

he glanced at the tray, humming a bit. "hm, do you have raisins?" his doe-eyed gaze shifted back to her. "no, sorry." she shook her head. "how about a date?" he grinned. kash's eyes shut for a different reason, resting her head in her hand. "i should have seen that coming." she mumbled, walking ahead of him.

"i just think you're barbe-cute! it's not my fault you've stolen a pizza my heart!" he called after her, following her hurried movements. "and now i cannoli have eyes for you!"

"oh my god!" she glanced back at him with mortification, glad her parents had already gone ahead. "this may be cheesy but i think you're grate. can't you see that we're mint to be?" he fell into step with her. "kaleb, please." she hid her face, feeling warmth travel up her neck. he grinned, leaning in. "you-"

"kay!" hodan waved excitedly, making both of them turn to her. she held her camera in one hand, making kash wonder if she'd taken a picture of them. "oh, right. you're both kay's. interesting..." her lips pursed, eyes narrowed in fascination. "k-two it is." she beamed. "k-two? what's k-two?" apollo appeared, cathryn hot on his trail. "it's kaleb and kash's new ship name."

apollo's gaze moved to the two who seemed to be blushing and he smiled, giving a short wave. they smiled back, returning the gesture. "that's actually really cool. what's our ship name?" he turned to his girlfriend who was happily welcoming her friends. "hm... catpollo? apon? apothryn? catholo?" she hummed, looking up at him.

"y'all ain't cute, ha! that last one sounds like it belongs in shakespeare." hodan teased, sliding away from cathryn in case she tried to hit her. "ooh, i thought of cute ones!" she added when apollo pouted. "there's callo, and rynllo or lloryn, and apollyn and aryn. i like aryn and lloryn."

she chuckled at the way apollo's face instantly brightened. "god of the sun, indeed." she mumbled under her breath, lifting her camera and taking a snapshot of the couple. "and you said we weren't cute." cathryn smiled begrudgingly at her.

"ho!" a yell came from inside. "lia needs saving?" kash raised a brow, pointing kaleb to a table he could drop the tray before introducing him to everyone. hodan let out a sigh. "but she has jungkook!" she whined like a child. "i had to go through this last year, why do i have to get an extension?" she sulked. "cat, go help her, huh?" she pushed out her bottom lip.