048

— 🐻 —

🐻

48. BACK HUG
バックハグ

LIA MUMBLED A thank you once she was cleared through security. she was grabbing her things, ready to move on to her gate when she heard her name. pausing, she waited to see if she had imagined it. shaking her head, she moved along. until she heard it again.

whirling around at the familiar yet strange voice, her eyes fell on a drenched, running boy holding on to his shoes. a boy that held an uncanny resemblance to jungkook. she took a step back in shock as he was nearly grabbed by security for skipping ahead.

his gaze didn't leave hers as he slowed down to go through security. lia ran a hand through her hair, unable to believe that he actually came all the way here, especially looking like that. "when the hell did my life become a badly written young adult fiction?" she muttered, debating between waiting for him and walking away.

she chose the latter, turning around and heading for her gate. her feet moved a bit faster than usual and she felt like she was running away. in a way, she sort of was. she was running away from her feelings and from jungkook and every emotion he ever stirred in her.

"yaya!" she heard his voice a mere second before she felt his hand on her shoulder. he slid to a stop in front of her, droplets of rainwater hitting her in the process. she flinched, eyes shutting as some of it nearly got in her eyes. "what are you doing here, jungkook?" her eyes fluttered open to meet his.

"yaya, please, we need to talk." he pleaded when she looked away. "i have nothing to say to you." she held on to the handle of her luggage tightly, refusing to meet his gaze. she hated how tears stung the back of her eyes at the mere sight of him. that was the problem when it came to jungkook. he made her feel things too strongly.

"please, just listen to me." he wrapped his hands around her arms loosely to stop her from moving away from him. "how did you even find me?" she queried, brows drawing together. "i ran into charlie and darryl. your brother wanted to kill me but charlie told me. i had to buy a ticket to get this far." he explained, letting his hands fall away from her.

she inhaled sharply. "i have a flight to catch. and i'm pretty sure you've said everything you wanted to already." she began to step away, only for him to move into her path. "just a minute, that's all i ask. and the flight's been delayed for an hour."

heaving a sigh, she allowed herself take him in. his wet – now peach – hair that stuck to his scalp and forehead, the same way his clothes clung to him. every muscle and sinew was clearly outlined by his wet t-shirt and jeans.

behind glasses that were speckled with droplets of water, his eyes were wide and rimmed with red, making her wonder if he had been crying or if the rain had just gotten in his eyes. and his face... what happened to his face? why did he have so many cuts and bruises? "one minute."