022

— 🐻 —

🐻

22. APARTMENT
アパート

JUNGKOOK TRIPPED OVER a rubik's cube. namjoon's rubik's cube. groaning in annoyance, he picked the colourful cube up and placed it on the small table pushed up against the wall.

he ran to the door, glancing through the peephole for a second before pulling the door open excitedly. "hey," he smiled softly at her. "hey," she echoed as he moved back, opening the door wider. "please, come in." he invited. "thank you." she smiled back at him. he shut the door behind her.

her eyes roamed the apartment as his stayed on her. "it's so clean." she mumbled under her breath. he caught her words, chuckling softly at them. it was usually clean, until namjoon came around. and then jungkook had to spend hours fixing up everything the boy had messed up. he honestly wondered how jimin could live with him, especially when he liked his things just so.

he noticed her eyes had latched on to a certain part of his home, amusement dancing on her lips. he followed her gaze to the broken window that had been crudely patched with some newspaper. his hand came up to rub the back of his neck, an awkward smile pulling his mouth up.

"it's getting fixed today." he told her. "nice work on the makeshift window pane." she remarked teasingly. a small laugh left his lips, watching as her gaze trailed a path from the window to the air hockey table.

she made her way towards it, her fingers brushing over the surface as she moved past it. "i'm so going to kick your ass, cheesecake." she tapped a striker. "you wish." jungkook scoffed at her remark, following her to the table. "at least relax a little and feel at home before i wipe the floor with you."

"how thoughtful of you." she chimed. "but i had some really great waffles and some live entertainment to go, so i'm feeling pretty confident right now." she chuckled at the thought of her brother fawning over her sister's best friend.

"i guess you won't like anything to eat right now then?" he raised a brow. "maybe when i've worked up a champion's appetite." she glanced up at him. jungkook couldn't help but grin at the sheer cockiness of her statement. he loved a good competition and it seemed like this might pan out to be just that.

he noticed how she suddenly paused, eyes narrowing. "jungkook?" she called softly. "hm?" he stared at her. "who was standing on this side when the boys were playing yesterday?" she asked. "namjoon. why?"

a grin slowly split her face as she glanced at him. "it was him who shot the puck out the window." she told him. "how can you be so sure?" he questioned, one brow raised.

lia crooked her fingers twice, beckoning him over. he moved closer until he stood right next to her. her hand curved around his arm, turning him so he was facing the window. "look where it went through." she murmured. he glanced at the window then the air hockey table. "fuck."

she chuckled at the slow expletive. her breath brushed against the skin of his arm and he shivered. "aren't you a detective?" he quipped, pulling away slightly. "i have the too many shows i watch to thank for that." she smiled, her hand falling away from his arm.

"now, c'mon, let's play." she poked his side, causing him to jump a bit. he flicked her nose in return, running around to the other side. "since you're so excited to lose." his brows rose smoothly, grabbing a striker. adjusting his glasses, he waited for her to make the first move.

leaning forward, she shot the puck in his direction. he fired it back at her and she smiled with excitement. the two continued to play intensely, the only sounds to be heard were the puck sliding across the table and their hums, chuckles and groans.

"ha! yes!" lia threw her hands up, jumping happily. "i let you win." jungkook instantly let out. she made a face, propping a hand on her hip. "who knew you were such a sore loser?"

he folded his arms over his chest. "i'm not." he mumbled childishly, his bottom lip jutting out slightly. giggling, she moved closer to him. "then why are you pouting?" she gazed up at him. "i'm not." he repeated. "then what's this?" her index finger came up to brush against his bottom lip.

almost instinctively, he caught her wrist in his grip. she froze at the contact, gaze slowly moving up to meet his. he felt just as dazed as she seemed as they held each other's gazes.

clearing her throat awkwardly, lia glanced away, breaking whatever spell they were both momentarily under. jungkook let go of her hand, pressing his lips in a stiff smile.

"ready to get whooped a second time?" her lips curved in a smirk, moving away from him and back to her side. "no, i'm going to wipe the floor clean with you." he retorted. "i'm really going to work up a champion's appetite."

☀️☀️☀️

it's the last day of 2018! so this is my last update on teddy bear for this year. hope it wasn't disappointing. see y'all in 2019!