SPECIAL

— 🐻 —

🐻

HIGH SCORE
得点

THE DOOR SHUT with a soft thud. lia stepped back and waved with her free hand. "thanks!" she beamed sweetly. "say hi to kook for me!" kaleb called out from the driver's seat. "me too!" kash added, leaning forward to see her friend.

"tell him i said screw him for ditching our group date for a goddamn videogame!" namjoon yelled out as the car began to move. "joon!" hodan's chastising voice followed. "what? just being honest." he turned to her with a small pout. "it's frustrating but kinda attractive." she muttered and he grinned.

lia chuckled, waving again. "will do! thanks again for the pizza!" she ran her fingers through her newly dyed hair. "anytime, ali! see ya!" kaleb answered before zooming off.

smiling softly, she turned around and made her way back into jungkook's apartment building. when she opened the door and stepped inside, her boyfriend was still sitting at his desk, headphones in and eyes on the screen.

"the guys got us pizza!" she announced, shutting the door with her foot. she only got a grunt in reply. "of course." she rolled her eyes and made her way to the kitchen. pulling the fridge open, she grabbed two bottles of soda and made her way to jungkook's side.

"k-two says hi." she dropped a bottle in front of him. "mhm," he hummed in response. "and joon says screw you for bailing." grabbing a chair, she sat down and opened the box of pizza. jungkook finally glanced at her then. "why is he attacking only me? what about jimin and cat and apollo?" he continued to hit keys on his keyboard.

"hm, maybe because they didn't say yes and then change their minds last minute because of a game?" she picked up a slice of pizza, watching the cheese stretch with a small smile. "oh," jungkook's gaze was on the moving graphics on the screen.

"what are those three doing together anyway? do you think they're in a poly?" his brows furrowed at the ongoing battle on the screen. lia's hearty laugh morphed into a snort. "i'm not sure apollo's into that." she told him. "cat might though. won't be surprising." she added thoughtfully.

"anyway, cat convinced jimin to join their dance practice." she bit into the pizza and hummed in satisfaction. "this is so good. here, have a bite." she held out the pizza slice to jungkook. eyes still following the action on the screen, he turned and took a bite.

her eyes narrowed when she saw all that was left was the crust. "well, that's the last slice you're having." she chimed, looking at the way his cheeks had rounded with food as he chewed. his brows drew together at her words, glancing at her with puppy dog eyes behind glasses.

"why?" he whined after he finally swallowed the pizza in his mouth. "you can fight me for the rest of it when your hands are free." she responded cheekily. "though that looks like it might be a while." she glanced at his game.

"but i'm trying to level up and beat this douche's high score!" he risked a glance at her. "i can't guarantee that there'll be any slices left by then." she got on her feet, taking her drink and the pizza with her. "have fun! and you better beat that high score." she chirped, ready to turn around and leave.

he reached out and grabbed the back of her t-shirt – which was actually his – with his thumb and index finger. he yanked on it lightly, forcing her to drop back into the seat. his hand swiftly returned to the keyboard, aggressively hitting the button to make for lost time. "don't go anywhere. stay with me." his voice was soft.

she turned to him with slightly widened eyes. slowly she placed the pizza back in front of her. "okay, if you really want me to." she brushed her heather and amethyst purple hair behind her ears. it coincidentally matched his, and it hadn't even been planned.

charlie and valeria had goaded her into it and she'd fallen for it with a promise of half a dozen bags of marshmallows. she'd negotiated it to half a dozen bags from each of them before agreeing. even after she felt like her jaw had locked from eating so many marshmallows, she didn't regret it. especially since the purple balayage made her feel like she had galaxies in her hair.

the day after she dyed her hair, jungkook showed up with a similar colour, except his was a more vibrant ultra violet shade. he'd let namjoon pick the dye and ended up with bright purple hair. well, now the older boy had moss green hair so they were even. and matching with his girlfriend, even if it was unintentional, was definitely a plus.

she quietly watched him play, eating some pizza and occasionally feeding him some. she grabbed her phone, checking in on her social media. she grinned at a video cat had posted of apollo teaching jimin a dance routine with her hyping them up in the background.

she glanced at jungkook when he let out a low groan and continued to slide the mouse over the pad and furiously hit buttons. she started to wonder if the keyboard would be functioning properly when the game was finally over.

tucking her top lip into the bottom, she leaned closer. she stretched her arm out slowly and slipped her hand underneath his as he continued to hit the same buttons in quick succession, lacing her fingers through his to calm him. she stayed like that, counting to five in her head before unlacing her fingers from his and slipping her hand away.

before she could place it back on her lap, jungkook's hand had moved and snatched hers, lacing their fingers over the keyboard again as he played. lia couldn't help the big smile that split her face, her entire body feeling warm and fuzzy. he glanced at her and smiled softly.

"now, i know i can win."

☀️☀️☀️

me after writing this because i can't unsee jeon doing this gukphoria begged me on her knees to do this sksks and i did to make up for making them break up

gukphoria begged me on her knees to do this sksks and i did to make up for making them break up.
anyway, the q&a will be up pretty soon so watch out for it! lmao some of you have already seen a good part of it because i accidentally published it and didn't even realise till i started getting emails & notifications. 😭 50 points for dumbassery and 20 points butt publishing. my phone was unlocked in my pocket. i could've accidentally sold my soul for a chocolate cake and not even realised, i'm really a whole 🤡. thanks for being patient. the q&a chapter is super long and i got really busy (lazy) at some point hah.