009

— 🐻 —

🐻

09. SCENTED CANDLES
香りのキャンドル

THE FACT THAT hodan hussein wouldn't stop laughing made lia's urge to bury herself alive even stronger. she dug her face into her soft gray pillows, groaning loudly. "i'm so glad my embarrassment is a source of entertainment for you."

they were both in lia's room. hodan reclining on the old wicker hoop chair lia had gotten at a garage sale and covered with soft vin gris cushions to fit in with the overall grey theme of her bedroom.

lia was on her bed, covered in several layers of beddings of grey and lavender. her hand reached out to grab a fistful of her grey woolen blanket at the memory of her siblings embarrassing her in front of jungkook.

"oh, wait till cat hears this." hodan let out between laughs. lia lifted her head slightly to shoot her a dirty look. "i should have picked better friends." she muttered. "but you picked the best, any other would be a downgrade to be honest."

the door opened just as lia's lips parted for a snarky reply. both their attention moved to it. "it smells like green tea and cookies in here." cathryn bowler walked in, sniffing the air. "that would be lia's newly acquired scented candles." hodan supplied.

cathryn pulled her long blonde hair out of the ponytail she had it in, plopping down on the bed next to lia. "every time i come in here, there's something new."

her eyes raked over the interior of the room, taking in the pearl grey walls. one of the walls that made up the corner that her bed was shoved up against was covered with polaroids of the four of them on different occasions, lia's family and some shots of nature they had taken when their families had gone on vacation together clipped on a line of fairy lights.

the wall over her bed had a couple of shelves where she kept little knickknacks organised by colours, tiny succulents as well as a marquee letter a. right next to her bed stood a bedside table where a small grey diffuser released short bursts of vapour periodically.

the wall facing the bed held a large dressing mirror lined with plastic lavender flowers as well as a small shelving system and a chest of dresser drawers. her cosmetics sat on the drawers, all organised by size and colours.

a light grey work desk stood underneath the window whose blinds were drawn up, a lavender plush swivel chair in front of it. her closet doors stood slightly ajar, enough to reveal colour coded clothes hanging inside.

"maybe you should major in interior design like charlie." she commented, bringing her gaze back to her friend. lia laughed in response. "ha! no, charlie was the one who designed this room, i just add personal touches once in a while. i'd suck ass at interior design and we both know it."

"yeah, let's stick to the one thing she's good at." hodan chimed in. "y'know, i really hate it when you do that." lia sat up on the bed, a mild glare directed at her friend. "what?" hodan stared back innocently. "you know those comments that leave me wondering if i should feel offended or complimented."

"stan talent. stan hodan." the girl chirped playfully. "i hate you." lia scrunched her nose at the girl who blew her a kiss.

"in other news, what was the sos text about? i'm guessing ho already knows by the look on her face." cathryn interjected before the two began to bicker. "not everything. just this fucking funny bit." hodan replied, a teasing grin on her face. the blonde turned to the girl who sat next to her. "well, then spill!"

"patience, young grasshopper. the circle has yet to be completed." hodan deepened her voice as she spoke. lia and cat shot her similar looks. shaking her head, lia's brows scrunched. "she's right, though. where the hell is kash?"

"why is she always late?" cathryn frowned, lips forming a pout. just then, there was a rustle as the door opened and a girl tumbled in. "sorry i'm late!" kash din yelled, holding on to a large bag as she tucked bobbed hair behind her ear.

hodan shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. "ya okay there, kay?" she questioned softly. "yeah, yeah." the brown skinned girl bobbed her head in a nod. "ooh, it's smells like a tea shop. nice." she remarked almost immediately.

lia and cathryn laughed, watching as she dropped herself into the swivel chair, dumping her bag on the floor next to her. taking a deep breath, her gaze shifted to her friends. "now, lia, why did you say you want to be 'washed away to the bottom of the atlantic ocean' in the illegirls chat?"

sighing again, lia threw her head forward, resting it on her knees. "i hate my life."

☀️☀️☀️

i spent so much time describing her room lmao smh