035

— 🐻 —

🐻

35. BOOKSTORE
書店

THE DOOR SLID open quietly and lia peeked in. jungkook, dressed in his own clothes, leaned back in a stretch. "i can't wait to go home!" he beamed. "you were here only two and a half days." jimin shook his head. "which is a synonym for far too long." the younger boy responded.

namjoon glanced at the door then. a dimpled smile appeared on his face, his hand lifting in a short wave. the other two boys glanced back to see who he was looking at. lia had a grin on her face as she waved enthusiastically, "hi, guys!" jimin smiled back, waving at her, "hey, lia."

the way jungkook's face brightened was unmistakable. a huge smile split his face and his eyes crinkled with mirth. "yaya bear!" he practically ran to her, pulling her small frame into his arms. "let's not let the pda escalate from that, thanks." jimin let out drily, running a hand through his hair.

"he doesn't like when couples are overly affectionate in public. you know, those people that like to smooch it up in front of everyone." jungkook whispered, his arm still wrapped around her. "ah, same." lia nodded, crinkling her nose. she could completely understand the sentiment.

"so once we drop off kook's stuff, we're off to the bookstore, yeah?" namjoon queried. "yeah, apparently i'm needed for something there." jimin was the one to answer. "what though?" namjoon turned to the youngest boy who shared a look with his girlfriend. "you'll see." they chorused, turning around and heading for the door.

"wow they're even speaking alike now, okay." namjoon's brows went up. jimin simply chuckled, waiting for the taller boy so they could leave the room together. he smiled warmly. "they're cute."

• • •

jimin scowled at his friends before peeking in through the glass of the bookstore again. "you brought me here to play matchmaker? really?" he shot jungkook an incredulous look. the boy pressed his lips together, making his eyes bigger. jimin only sent him another dirty look. "stop that. it won't work."

"but it's not for me. it's for kash." jungkook blinked exaggeratedly. jimin's nose scrunched at the action. "you look like an idiot." namjoon commented before he could say anything about the youngest boy's expression.

jungkook's bottom lip jutted out at the insult. "c'mon, hyung." he whined, grabbing jimin's arm. "just do it for kash, jiminie. she's sweet." namjoon suddenly turned to his friend. "or do you like her?" he wiggled his brows suggestively. "shut up." jimin sighed.

"i didn't hear a no." the oldest sang out smugly. "i don't like her like that, now shut up." he ran a hand through his hair. "how the hell am i even supposed to do this?" his eyes shut briefly. "kash is just too shy and embarrassed. just be her backbone and introduce them? i'm sure they can take it from there." jungkook suggested.

another sigh left jimin's lips. "i study neuroscience not cupidity for goodness sake. but i'll figure it out." he rubbed the tip of his nose with his index finger. he glanced into the bookstore. "why is she even afraid? he's literally the most harmless person i've ever met."

"he is?" jungkook's brows went up. "i wonder what kind of pickup lines he used on kash." he murmured, tapping his chin. "he what?" jimin snorted, doubling over. even namjoon was fighting laughter. jungkook frowned in confusion. "what? he really flirted with kash. that's why she's awkward around him."

jimin had to press a hand to his mouth to keep from laughing too loud. "no wonder. that boy is completely hopeless when it comes to girls." he suddenly straightened, glancing inside once again. "but that means he must have really had a good impression of kash to have even tried to hit on her." his hands slipped into his pockets.

"they're here." namjoon announced, looking up. the two boys turned to look in the same direction and saw lia holding kash by the shoulders and pushing her forward.

the girl with honey blonde hair looked reluctant as she let her friend push her ahead. "hey guys. what's this?" she asked nervously, glancing warily at the bookstore.

jimin turned to jungkook. "wait, she doesn't know too?" his left brow went up. "we're the main people involved in this and neither of us were made aware." his expression was blank. "because we know you two would never agree to this." lia replied.

"agree to what? why are we here? that guy is here." kash huddled behind namjoon's tall frame, peeking out from his side. he chuckled, glancing down at her. "cute." he remarked under his breath.

"we are going in and i'm going to introduce you to my friend in there." jimin answered. "what?!" she squeaked, big almond eyes wide as she hid completely behind namjoon. "don't worry. i won't leave you alone." jimin held out a hand to her, voice reassuring. "you promise?" she peeped out. "of course." he nodded with a smile.

she took the hand he held out, watching as his longer fingers wrapped around hers. "are we going to make him jealous or something?" she looked up at him. he chuckled, shaking his head at her question. "that sort of thing doesn't work on him. i'm going to help you feel more comfortable. and i heard you haven't been able to buy books since he started working here?"

her hair bounced freely as she nodded. "well, now you can." he reached for the doorhandle, pushing the door open. a soft jingle welcomed them into the cozy store, causing the boy behind the counter to lift his head.

glancing at him, jimin leaned down. "go get the books you need. i'll distract him." he whispered against her ear. nodding, she let go of his hand and ran off between the aisles of books.

"jimin?" the brunet narrowed his eyes as though he wasn't sure of whom he was seeing. the older boy smiled warmly, eyes crinkling into crescents. "hey, kay."

☀️☀️☀️

hello, new month and new character!