018

— 🐻 —

— 🐻 —

18. SHOPPING
ショッピング

JUNGKOOK SHOVED HIS hands into the pockets of his jeans. his lips pressed into a thin line, neck craning as he peered around, searching for the store name. the corners of his mouth lifted when he spotted it.

walking in through the door, he peeked around, searching for the familiar face. he moved through the aisle of clothes, only half-heartedly looking through them. he was just here for one person to be honest.

she'd told him that she'd gotten a summer job so she would be busier than usual. and namjoon had told him he'd spotted her in this store a couple of days ago. jungkook had no reason he was doing this, except he really wanted to see her. a couple of weeks had already passed since the theatre incident and he'd only spoken to her on the phone ever since.

"would you like some help?" the familiar voice reached his ears. his face brightened in a smile. he straightened his expression as he turned slowly towards her. he watched her eyes widen in surprise and his lips almost unwittingly lifted.

"cheesecake!" her cheeks turned a bright shade of red at her too loud voice and most likely the idea of how intimate the nickname may sound to outsiders. unable to help it, his eyes crinkled in amusement at how cute she was. "hey, yaya. so this is where you work."

"yeah. what are you doing here?" she tucked her hair behind her ear. "i thought i should buy a couple of t-shirts." he answered, gesturing to the rack of clothes. "maybe you could help me out?" his hand moved up to rub the back of his neck.

"that is what i'm here for." she chirped, rocking on her heels. "what kind of t-shirts are you looking for?" her eyes moved from his to the clothes around them. he stared at her a beat longer than necessary before answering. "i like big loose shirts."

pressing her lips together cutely, she nodded and led him through the aisles. jungkook barely paid attention to the clothes as she made suggestions, watching her excited movements. she pointed at a few which caught his interest. he smiled, taking a white t-shirt with a cute little chick on the pocket.

"i think i'm good with these." he piped after a few more minutes. she turned to him with large eyes, pursing her lips. "oh, then would you like to try them on?" she inquired. unconsciously mimicking her actions, he nodded his head.

she touched his arm lightly, leading him towards the changing rooms. he smiled small at her before hurrying into one of the empty rooms. "yaya?" he called softly as he slipped on the first t-shirt. it took a second before she responded. "yeah?" her voice sounded a bit muffled through the door.

"can i get your opinion on how the tees look on me?" he regarded himself in the mirror. "uh, sure, i guess." he could tell she shrugged as she answered the question. the door creaked lightly as he opened it and stepped out.

her eyes moved over his torso slowly and jungkook felt his self-consciousness make an appearance. he awkwardly fidgeted with his hands and the hem of the t-shirt. her eyes creased into a smile, thumbs going up.

returning the gesture, he went back into the small room. by the fifth lia approved t-shirt, jungkook grinned cheekily as a question passed his lips. "are you sure this isn't some sales tactic to make me buy as many t-shirts as possible?" the girl standing in front of him laughed. "maybe it is. you'll never know." she teased back.

chuckling, jungkook went to change into the last t-shirt before returning. the way lia's eyes turned into half-moons and lips parted in a bright smile to reveal her crooked tooth at the sight of him made him feel warm all over.

he stared for a while, certain that her face in that moment would be imprinted in his mind for a long time. his lips pulled up, hands clasped behind his back. "you like?" he asked even though he knew the answer.

lia couldn't seem to wipe the smile off her face as she stared back at him with the cute baby chick on his chest peeking over the pocket. "it's so adorable." she cooed, pressing her palms to her cheeks.

he chuckled at her reaction. "i'm going to change before your eyes pop out of the sockets from how big they've gone." he remarked and disappeared into the changing room.

"haha," lia responded drily on the other side. "don't get yourself stuck in that room with how big your head is getting." she reported. jungkook laughed, slipping into his t-shirt. "touché." he chimed, raking his fingers through his hair quickly.

grabbing the t-shirts, he stepped out of the changing room. "i'm getting them all." he informed her. "good. they all looked nice on you." she replied honestly. "thank you." he glanced down.

"when's your lunch break?" he asked casually as they walked towards the cashier. she turned her gaze to him curiously. "in half an hour. why?" her head tilted slightly. jungkook took a deep breath before he asked his next question.

"would you like to have lunch with me?"

☀️☀️☀️

lmao this really has become a monthly update. i was supposed to finish this a while ago but life (also military drills and obstacle courses) gets in the way. anyway not to toot my own horn, but i kind of like this chapter. i'll try to update more often but i make no promises oop