040

— 🐻 —

🐻

40. MONEY
お金

THE SUN GLINTED off the face of jungkook's watch, causing him to flinch and squint his eyes behind glasses. lia should have gotten off work by now. he was going to surprise her. excitedly pulling his phone out of his pocket, he dialed her number.

she picked up on the third ring. "hey, cheesecake." her voice was low, so he assumed she was still at the store. "hey. still at work, yaya bear? isn't your shift over?" he asked curiously. "it is. but there's something really important i'm working on right now. can we talk later?" she told him.

"oh," he couldn't help the dejection that trickled into his voice. "we can meet up if you want. maybe in an hour?" she added quickly. "okay," the corner of his mouth lifted. "don't be sad, hm, cheesecake?" she cooed. his lips pulled up in a full smile. "i won't." he answered sincerely. although it was unfortunate his surprise plan was a bust, he'd take any chance to spend time with her.

"okay, good. see you soon, cheesecake." her voice was soft and he could tell she was smiling. "in an hour, yaya bear." he responded sweetly. a small sound escaped her lips and he was tempted to ask her if she was blushing. but she ended the call before he could even decide.

letting out a breathy chuckle, he figured she was expecting him to say something cheeky and ended it before he could. "cute," he mumbled under his breath, slipping his phone back into his pocket.

he took in a deep breath. if lia had something to do, then she was probably still in the area. he had an hour to kill until they'd meet up. smiling, he decided to pay a visit to kaleb at the bookstore.

his footsteps were light against the pavement as he walked, hands slipping into his pockets. he glanced at the diner he and lia often had lunch at as he passed by. the same one they'd seen kaleb outside of, trying to find a runaway, panicking kash.

he chuckled at the memory. his feet had already carried him past the diner before he paused. whirling around, he peeped in through the glass.

eyebrows furrowed and eyes narrowed as he stared inside. confirming what he'd thought he'd caught a glimpse of, his eyes became wider, lips parting. he closed and opened his eyes, moved his glasses up and then back on the bridge of his nose all to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. he wasn't.

he was really seeing lia sitting across the table from that guy from the barbecue, laughing and blushing. and he was grinning at her, obviously enjoying how shy and flustered she was getting. his imagination ran wild, mind moving imaginary puzzle pieces and coming up an image he didn't fancy.

jungkook saw red.

everything else blurred out. it was like his senses had kicked into overdrive and had gone numb all at once. he didn't know he'd moved at all until lia was calling his name in surprise.