5

"Fuck!" I screamed out loud, throwing this phone against the pillow on my bed. What the fuck was I supposed to do? That nigga La said he was gonna take me away from all this shit and we was gonna move up in the boondocks in Parkland or some shit. Now that nigga got cased up all the way in fucking New York and I gotta do this shit by myself all over again.

This exactly why I don't depend on men, they always disappointing me.

I didn't even notice I had tears falling down my face from being so mad, it was too early in the day for this shit for real and I knew being in the house all day sulking with the roaches wasn't gonna do shit for me so I had to suck it up.

I wiped my face with the back of my hand and got up and dressed to go to my home-girl house, whether she was gonna be ready for me or not I wasn't about to stay cooped up in the house to see what was and what wasn't gonna happen. I put on my cutest PINK sweat outfit with these new Nike Presto's La got me not more than a week ago, made sure my fanny pack was fastened in a cute way around my waist and not in some tourist type fashion, and I was out the fucking door.

"Oh, shit," I said to myself "I gotta make sure that my baby hairs laid. I sucked my teeth at the thought of this 'cause it was gonna be another 10 minutes, 5 minutes for them to lay, and 2 minutes to double check to make sure they weren't so pressed down that it looked like shit stains laid across my edges.

I dipped my toothbrush in my Gorilla Snot and began to put in that work!

"Shit," I said as I tapped the toothbrush on the edge of the bottle, yellow goop stretching up with my toothbrush and shit. "If nobody was gonna make sure I looked like a bag, i'll be sure to do it my damn self."

- 30 minutes later -

Finally! My ass was out the door, with my sew-in looking right! I used to rock wigs and frontals but I didn't like how, uh, nonexistent my edges was getting wearing all that spray and glue and shit. So I opted for a closure and I lay that shit down like a wig - can't nobody tell the difference and it damn sure didn't stop me from rocking my hairstyles. I had to take senior pictures and for my mama sake I made sure to pick a neutral color like black but be sure I was about to slap that royal blue back in my head quick!

"Period!" I giggled to myself as I remembered one of City Girls' songs and it always got me hyped. Shit they wasn't the only one trying to get a bag and hearing their success story had me motivated to chase it with my laces tight!

Walking out the house, I looked around to the usual d-boys that was outside looking around for their next lick. Don't that shit get tiring? Standing around all day for hours for chump change?

Shit ain't my business.

I put my headphones in, pulled my phone out my hand like I was so into it, and walked past them niggas.

"'Scuse me, miss, can I get your name?" Wasn't no way I was giving the hood hoe, Don, some of this ass. He done ran up and down the bitches in the B&B projects and I was sure to keep my pussy out his radar. Plus, I heard that nigga got kids and a baby on the way.

Condoms ain't that expensive if you got so much money.

'Aye, lil'mama, lemme talk to you for a minute." Here go Will with the shit again, he been eyeing me for years not but when he found out I turned 18 a few months ago he been making it known that he wanted me but I damn sure didn't want him. He was clean-cut, dark-skinned and he was built as fuck but just the idea he been looking at me like some fuck puppet since i was 15-16 makes me want to stay far the fuck away from him.

When they noticed I wasn't listening and into my phone to request an Uber, they backed off with a little bit of shit-talking but that ain't nothing new.