26

Jamie had up and asked Cut to drop us off at her house, I guess because by the time we actually got to through the line at Snappers, it was damn near 6 o clock and who want to walk all the way from 22 to 12th with a bag of snacks and Snappers?

While we was waiting in line, though, Cut and Jamie was going back and forth cracking jokes and sharing random stories about people they both knew. It was kinda cool seeing her vibe well with him especially since I wasn't planning to let this nigga go for a lil minute.

I just wish Skooby didn't find out about him the way he did and actually gave him a chance cause if a nigga can vibe with Jamie rude ass then they already in for the win. 

Damn I missed Skooby. 

"Alright girl, don't get missing and leave me to eat this Catfish by myself!" Jamie had warned me, but I knew once she started drowning her food in lemon pepper it was about to be over and done with.

"Girl, byeeeee" I waved her off with a small smile as she walked up to the door and went right inside, making a beeline to her bedroom by the flick of her lights.

I must've been focused on the door a little too much cause I felt Cut eyes on me from the backseat. When I looked at him he had his arm wrapped around the passenger seat headrest and his head tilted back and forth.

"You want to come up in the front and vibe real quick? I know you don't want to be all in the backseat like dis a Uber." he smiled in amusement as I rolled my eyes at him, opening the door to climb in the front.

"Thanks for the food and the ride, Cut." I smiled at him before opening my plate of food and popping a fry in my mouth.

"It ain't nothing, ma. And trust if you play ya cards right its a lot more of that spoiling comin' your way." 

I cut my eyes at him as I swallowed my fries. "Play MY cards right? Ooh, you bold bold huh?"

Cut laughed at my slick comment and just leaned back in his seat. "Nah, but I know you got all this shit goin' on, why not spoil such a pretty girl like yaself."

I don't know why that struck a nerve in me. My face straightened out and I leaned back in my seat. "Thanks." I said flatly.

"What, what I said? You don't think you pretty?"

I had shifted around in my seat and it just felt like I had something moving on me. I ain't like it when niggas complimented me. Especially after seeing the type of crowd that was around my mama I ain't want nobody telling me about my looks. 

"It ain't that." I murmured. "Its just.. Ion know." I popped another fry in my mouth and pulled out my phone to ease the awkward silence, scrolling on Instagram realll slow.

"Nah, tell me ma. You know its one thing I value is honesty."

He talk real smooth, no wonder bitches love him.

It was a brief silence and then I took a long breath. "Long story short, I had a lot of goofy niggas in close range to me and- I guess compliments just make me uncomfortable." I looked out the window to avoid his eye contact. I could've gotten out the car but something kept me there.

"Damn. Well i'm sorry I made you uncomfortable, ma. But one thing is fa sho, if you vibin with me you gon' get hyped whether you like it or not. Everyone in my circle should have that confidence 'bout them. Shit, ain' a muhfucka alive gon' love you like you love you, feel me?"

My tense shoulders relaxed at his pep talk. When I ain't respond right away I heard him suck his teeth low. Time to drop this pride I guess.

"I appreciate that." I warmly responded, smiling at him with my eyes.

"See?" he playfully nudged my arm with his fist. "Pretty girls like you shouldn't be caught up in the rain when you got alotta sunshine in ya."

I playfully rolled my eyes again. "You swear you got talk game. How many times and on how many girlfriends you had to have had to have that work?"

Cut gave me a deep gaze before breaking it with a charming wink, the corners of his eyes creasing in bemusement. "I've had my share, shawty. Not even going to lie to ya."

I couldn't even be mad, shit he said he valued honesty. "I hear you. Well, lemme not keep her waiting. You just got the loosened up version of her but trust it don't take much for her to snap."

"Alright, bet. Am I going to see you again, uh- Ana?" he leaned towards the passenger seat as I climbed out the car and grabbed my bags.

I put my hand on my hip and just pouted my lips jokingly. "It depends, we going out?"

"Shit, wherever you want!" he seemed to like the challenge.

"Ruth Chris at 8?" I called his bluff.

"Make it 9 so you can get extra fine. Have a good night, shawty." he rolled up his window with the music back blasting and drove off without even giving me a second to say I was joking.

Shit.

"Jamie!" I shouted running to the door with arms full of shit.

"Jamie!"