13

3 HOURS LATER - MANDARIN HOTEL

I was groaning out of my sleep in a soft ass bed. I knew this shit wasn't mine. But I cuffed my arm under the pillow and squeezed it tight. Please let this shit be a dream and I'm just sleeping still. My eyes still low like I'm high, I turned to see Skooby on the couch sleep and I knew it was real. My mama was still in the hospital. I still had that fight with junior. 

I sucked my teeth, sat up in the bed and took a long stretch. Shit, if I gotta be here then I might as well make the best of it? And where were we? I stood up for a second and was taken back by my clothes. When did I put on Skooby clothes? I had on a big t-shirt on, no bra or panties.

"That nigga better not had tried to cop a feel!" I whispered to myself.

Moving lightly not to wake this nigga, I tiptoed to the window and pulled the curtains back. Eyes big, I took in the city. The better part of the city. We was definitely in some condo on Biscayne and just seeing the ocean at night had me so in love. This the part of the city I like to see, not crack vials and pissy babies running around. 

I was so into the view of the nightlife I aint even notice Skooby standing behind me.

"You like the view, huh Ma?"

I jumped back and felt his shit on hard and that made me jump fuckin' sideways. "Damn Skooby, put that shit away!" I yelled at him as I walked back to the bed.

Skooby chuckled and shook his head as he wrapped his waist with a nearby towel. "Just chiiiil, you know I wouldn't try you like that unless you actually wanted a nigga."

"Yeah, that shit aint happening." I unlocked my phone and began scrolling down my Instagram. Jamie had text me a few times too but I just wasn't in the mood to text her crazy ass back. Not like her messages wasn't funny to look at. 

Girl he better not be trying to get none of that pussy! And if he is make him pay for it.

Omggggg BG coming over and he talking about gettin' high and dooing a sextape, girl what should I do?

Ana don't act brand new around this nigga cause I know all his lil spots don't make me pop on on you!! She sent about 100 angry emojis to add to the mix. 

I was all smiles reading her messages and looking at my timeline that Skooby must've taken notice. 

"What you all cheesin' for over there?" he was also in his phone but he sat on the edge of the bed with my back to me. 

"Shit. Just jamie crazy self and the shit  I see on Instagram. No lie I need a new phone tho."

Skooby flexed his back muscles before tossing his phone to the side with a suck of his teeth. "You telling me like I'm yo nigga. I know you got plenty lined up, why don't you tell one of them to get you a phone?"

I rolled my eyes. Joke's on you but joke's back on me. I Had  A nigga taking care of me but he ended up being locked up. 

"Hm?" skooby looked back, his smile gleaming with his golds. "Oh you mighty quiet back there!" 

"Shut the hell up, Skooby!" I threw the pillow at him with a laugh as he caught that shit. I looked over to the nightstand watch and saw it was 5am. 

My phone started to buzz and it kinda tripped me out. Don't nobody text me at 5am. I looked over and checked my anonymous messages and it was Cut. Why is he texting me at 5am? And do I really want to text him back after I damn near igged him?

Fuck it. 

Yoooo

Whats up?

Shit viben, wea you at?

I had to make up a lie. My homegirl booked a hotel for the night so we chillen. I'm sorry I couldn't make it tonight. Hope you not mad.

Neva dat shawty. You know the life I live kinda crazy and I be up all times of the night anyway.

Its whateva. As long as you make time for me ill make time for you.

*100 emoji* so when imma see you?

When you free again?

Well shit I can slide on yuh now if you down to chill wit a nigga

Nah. I can't disrespect Skooby like that. Don't matter how fine Cut is. 

My homegirl goin' through it with her nigga so she kinda want me here. But we can chill and go to Prime 112 one of these days?

*heart eyes* I see yuh got some top dolla taste ma

I like dat

I was smilin' again.

  Well top dolla taste comes from a boss and nothing less

*shocked emoji* o yea?

*blowing kiss emoji* yea

Lol aiight, well we going to see what boss moves you bout soon shawty

Aiight, when you ready.

Nah whenever YOU ready.

I was rolling my eyes again but this time I had a big ass smiled curved on my lips. I aint even notice Skooby eyeing me from the couch.

I'm always ready 

Goodnight Cut be safe

You too ma. You delicate property that can't be damaged

Lol boy bye

*peace emoji*