11

"Skooby??"

Jamie sounded about as confused as she looked when we was walking out of the ER together.

They moved my mama up to a room and the visitation won't be until tomorrow so I didn't have to rush back here and prolly run into Junior again.

"Yeah." I tried to play it off cool like the shit was just another thing to happen that day. Like the weather changing or crackheads dancing on the backstreets cause they too high to realize they standing in the middle of the road and not at the club.

"He coming to pick me up and see what's going on with mama."

She had this whole look on her face like 'You think I was born fucking 5 minutes ago?'

"But Ana I thought you was done messing with that nigga." Jamie had huffed and puffed the whole way. She put her hand on her hip and stood there waiting for a more appropriate reply than what i was giving her.

Shit, she wasn't about to get it right this minute.

"After he done fucked your best friend at the time and then got her pregnant? You STILL soft for this nigga?"

"No but-"

"Then what, Ana?" I mean damn how many times he gotta break your heart for you to learn he ain't even thinking with his heart no more he thinking with what's available and SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, you always make yourself known to that nigga you exist."

I looked at Jamie embarrassed and just took a deep breath.

"I know girl I know but he the only one who know everything about mama and he helped before. what im supposed to do? call my daddy? call D? ain't nobody else been around like skooby has and he still care about her." I was trying to rationalize my decision at this point with every word i said.

"He ain't shit but he still family."

"well, girl." Jamie pulled her keys out her purse and unlocked her doors "You just be careful cause if he breaks your heart again I'm gonna cut him and his sh*t off."

I nervously laughed but that glare in her deep brown eyes spoke something serious.

"Yeah we not family but you like my sis and I'd be damn if a nigga hurt you accidentally cause ill hurt his ass on purpose!"

Before I could even reply my phone was starting to vibrate like I was getting a phone call. It was Skooby, and I seen he had text me too but I was too busy running my mouth with Jamie.

I put the phone to my ear and I could already hear NBA Youngboy voice in the background blasting in his car. "You still 'round the ER way? Jamie still with you?"

I looked at Jamie for a quick second before turning my back to her. She so damn nosey!

"Yeah, she still here but she about to go. She said hi." I lied.

"Girl no the hell I didn't!" she said in the background loud enough so he could hear her. I shot her a glare but I could hear skooby chuckling on the phone. she must still hate a nigga huh

Well duh.

"Nah." I lied again, a small smile on my face. "Jamie just being Jamie, you already know."

"Yea, I know she crazy as Fashion Nova expensive."

I couldn't hide my smile then and Jamie made a loud ass groan.

"Well tell her she can go ahead, I'm pulling up now. We gonna head by yo house and grab you some clothes. I hit a lick yesterday so I can put you in a hotel for a few days while all this blow over."