56

If you don't mind, please vote & comment It really helps people find my work and enjoy the ride

"Fuck you talking about Princess got stabbed after I left? Man, I ain't say nothing to that nigga Ramirez when I sat with him. I took Ana and left out that shit."

"What? Man, Princess don't even do drugs so how the fuck they found coke in her system? Ayo, if its sounding like all this we needa sit with this nigga Ramirez and see what the fuck he know. Fuck you mean he not answering the phone? Man, shit. Aye, aye look, I'm down in Brickell right now, just gimme 45 and I'll meet you at the club. Oh, its closed? Well, then where we gonna meet at then? Alright. A- alright. Yeah. Alright. I'll see you then."

-

I woke up in the afternoon and saw Cut was gone. I looked around and you woulda thought I booked this room by myself. The money machine, the weed, the henny, the coke. All of it, just gone.

My head was a little dizzy from drinking henny with cut but I couldn't stay in the bed all day. It was around 1 from what the TV was saying and not having no phone had me sitting there a little hopeless. What the fuck I was gonna do. Who was I gonna call?

I wrapped my body in one of those plush white robes they give you complementary in hotels. It smelled like amber vanilla and it made me feel like I was about to cruise the city with Batman or some shit. I couldn't help myself and I pulled the curtain backs and almost gasped like a lil girl. The ocean looked so blue and so clear from how high we was in the air. I saw cruise ships roaming across the ocean lazily and I could even see families parking their cars along the sand off to the side of the Biscayne bridge. People was jogging across the bridge, some shirtless and some with regular clothes on. I didn't even think you could experience some shit like this in Miami but here I was, watching and wanting more.

I lost track of how long I was staring at this utopia, not wanting to pull out of the fantasy like a nigga don't wanna pull out of some gushy pussy. With a big ounce of regret sitting in my stomach, I made my way to the kitchen only to have my eyes big in both shock and confusion.

"My purse!" my white YSL purse was sitting pretty on the marble island countertop with an envelope tucked in the pocket. I moved the envelope out the way and saw my phone with the baby pink phone case inside. I pressed the home button and saw my shit was fully charged too. I ain't even bother to be suspicious at the time, I immediately unlocked it to reach out to Jamie.

I had about 10 missed calls and damn near 15 messages with 2 voicemails. I ain't even know where to start.

2 calls was from my daddy, one from Cut, and the rest from Jamie. Same as the messages, all from Jamie. 1 voicemail was from me and Jamie school about picking up our diplomas, and the other voicemail was from my daddy.

Anaiis, this your daddy. Listen, baby I know you probably feeling a lot of ways about me and you right to feel however you feel. I fucked up leaving you behind like this but I wanna make it right by you. Please, just call me. I'm in Miami and I wanna see you. I wanna see Kandi. I wanna go see Miss Ruthy and give her flowers. Please, baby girl, just call me back. I'm at my mama house while I'm in town. You remember where she stay at right? Right on 94th and 23rd? that shit still that ugly orange color so you cant miss it. Ana-bama, please call your daddy back. Aiight, love you. Bye.

I ain't even realize I was clenching my teeth through the whole voicemail till it ended. My whole jaw was sore and I felt like my stomach was about to bust through my toes. I had to swallow that shit for now and call Jamie to hear her cuss me out.

All it took was two rings.

"Damn, so bitches be fucking on the dope boy and forget about they friends?" I could hear her neck roll from the phone.

"Bitch, no! listen, after me and cut went out, we went to the club I told you about and I left my fuckin' phone there. Luckily, Cut knew the security guard working and held onto my shit and brought it here this morning,"

Truth be told, I didn't even know how my purse made it back here. Last thing I remember, that shit was right in the VIP room with Princess and Ramirez. But, I had to follow the code Chyna set and had to fluff the story. It was a part of me that knew putting Jamie too much into the mix would cause more harm than good and, I don't know, I felt like I had to protect her. And if I had to lie, fuck it.

"So, where you at now? You know I had to lie for you cause my auntie called to see where you was at. You know you my girl and shit, but at least tell me where you going so I can be one step ahead of the game." My girl tried to play it off like she was joking, but I know deep down she been worried since the shooting. And I felt bad making her worry more and more.

I bit my lip for a quick second before speaking again, sucking my teeth softly, "Cut and I booked a telly on Biscayne. Bitch, its so pretty. I could see the water and the sun and shit beaming on the water."

"Bisc-cayyyyyne! You musta pounced the pussy on him, huh?"

"Bitch, may-be!"

"Well, shit, It sound like you having a good time so I don't gotta pull my pistol out the closet this go 'round. You think you'll be home later on? Bear and I supposed to be going out but if you want me to stay with you, you know I don't mind."

Fucking Bear! I forgot this nigga was sitting at the dinner table with me, Cut and Rich. That shit didn't sit right with me and from the sounds of it, he ain't even tell her he was with me and Cut that night.

I opened my mouth to say something but decided to close it shut.

"Nah, you gon head with your boo. I'll call you if anything. Speaking of calls, my daddy called."

"I know he did, he been calling you for some time, girl. I think he really wanna talk to you and clear the air. Who knows, but you can't hide from him forever."

"I know girl, I know. Imma call him back."

"Whatever you wanna do imma support you, pooh. But, lemme not hold you up. Call me later! Love you!"

"Love you too, Jamie."

Click.

I put the phone down and picked up the manila envelope in my purse. It was heavy from what I could tell and it made me all the more curious. Of course, when I opened the envelope with a nearby butterknife, I almost pissed on myself.

My counting might have been off but I think there was 3000 in the envelope and a note at the very beginning of the pile. Get u something nice was all it said but what the fuck was I gonna really need to get that was worth this much money?! Even if I got my hair and everything else done twice it still wouldn't be this much.

"Fuck it, imma find something to spend it on then."

Grabbing my purse as I walked back into thebedroom, I saw some red dot on the gold chain that was connected to the purse. Igrabbed the Lysol wipe on the counter and rubbed it off till tit was like new,tossing it in the trash so room service didn't have to touch it.