5

Katherine

Dear diary,

Today was weird again. Everytime we go to visit mommy. It's always weird. I get that she's asleep but I really don't like the way everyone acts like she's dead. Mommy is coming back. I'm so sure. She promised me a girls night on my birthday. Mommy never breaks her promises.

Aunty Lola and Aunty Bola came to see mommy today. They brought my cousins and best friend. I really miss hanging out with Trica but my dad never let's me out of his sight. I also miss playing tag with Mark and Michelle. Aunty Lola also brought my new baby cousin, Charles. I dislike that name, it sounds like a name for adults. So I call him Charly, he giggles when I tickle him. Mommy would love him too. I'm sure, mom love kids alot :-*

I do too. I can't wait to have a younger sister or brother. Trica is excited because she will soon be an elder sister.Trica heard her parents talk about it. We hope it's a girl. Boys are cool but have no clue around a doll house.

Apart from mom. I miss dad the most. He doesn't work much anymore, he's always around even on weekends butmiss him. Daddy cries alot. I know he misses mommy but sometimes he makes me dislike mommy because she is asleep but is keeping daddy awake all the time and he doesn't seem to want to play with me. I hope mommy gets better soon. I miss her super duper triple much.

Dad was proud of the breakfast I made. I know he dislikes ceral, but that's all I can make for now. Trica promised to steal her mom's cook book.

The truth is I dislike school too. Teachers and everyone acts so soft around me except Trica. I made her promise never to give me them "pity eyes" or that silly sentence, "sorry dear, I heard about your mom. How is she?" I get confused attimes. How am I supposed to know. Mom has been asleep for months. So I told grandma, the both of them. They agreed for me to reply, "Thanks, she's beautiful." Alot of people gives weird faces at that answer. So I love it. And for Grandma Naomi and grandma Sandra to agree, it was a good one. I love them super duper triple much.

I have lots to write about dairy, but I'm tired. We left the hospital late and we ate at Dad & mom's favorite restaurant. Well, I ate. Dad just picked his food. I made him eat though. After I threatened to cry in front of the whole crowd if he didn't. He sure rushed his meal fast. I teased him about it. I'm happy I made daddy smile.

                          Goodnight dear diary.

PS -  I really dislike mom's nurse, she's new. Her name is Christy. She likes talking to Dad alot. I caught her making funny mushy faces at Dad today. Dad ignored her but I'm not sure he notices anyone except mom. She's nice but too nice. Like weird nice. Okay bye :-)

Oh and alot of nurses said I'm really smart and lovely because I take care of my dad well and always come to see my mom. A nice old lady also said my speech is 'enormous' for an 8 year old. I don't know what that word means. I'll just ask Dad.   Okay bye!!

U know probably I could tell Dad I'm not feeling well and he'd let me stay home...hmmmm.. maybe!

Okay goodnight!;-)

Katey closed up her diary and placed it under her pillow, with her purple ball-point pen beside it.

She had showered already and brushed her teeth. It remained one more night ritual.

She crawled down from her comfy bed and went on her knees with her hands placed, facing each other like a praying mantis. She closed her eyes and prayed.

"Oh Lord! Thank you for another Thursday. Please wake mommy up very soon. Dad is sad and my Grannys are not happy any more. I'm not too. Lord, forgive our sins and be happy with us again. I know you will answer my prayers lord. Just as you answered me when I asked for a diary for my birthday gift and for a doll house and for mommy and daddy to always be together and not away from each other like Chuck's parents.  He's my friend in school by the way. Thank you for all that Lord. Lord, I don't want to go to school tomorrow, let my dad allow me stay home. Heal my mommy. Amen!  Oh and I really really want a cat, help my dad to like cats and make him get one or two maybe four for my birthday. Amen!"

She made her Calvary symbols on her forehead, shoulders then to her lips. She crawled back under her blanket clutching to Mr.mike.

She finally whispered "Goodnight maggie."

In a minute, she was sound asleep.

Jonathan was about to tuck his little angel in when he over heard her soft words to the lord in prayer. He felt better just hearing her voice holding so much faith and hope. He knew how distant he has been but he always thought it was the best way to hide his feelings and protect Katey's mind.

He was wrong.

He stalked into her room and pecked her cheeks, then her forehead.

"Goodnight Katey bear." He adjusted her blanket and brushed her hair off her face. She was his little princess. She had made him laugh today. It did good to his heart.

He walked out of her room, closing her door gently but leaving it ajar as always but not before he heard her whisper in her sleep.
"Goodnight daddy bear."