21: Fleeting Chance

A/N Thank you so much for all your patience, I got really sick and have been unable to think enough to write.

I am proud to announce I am back and hopefully will be able to accomplish as much writing as I would like to.

The raffle is coming to an end so please remember to join before the 14th

Thank you for 7k reads!

Your support greatly helps me get through it and allows me to write.

Hopefully you will like this update!

Ill make up for the long wait with a long chapter.
Its gonna be bloody 

-----------------

Anika watched out the window, the bars had been removed almost two months ago now. He figured she wouldn't try to escape, she was two weeks away from having the baby. She felt kicking, holding her hands over her stomach both hands were kicked. She grinned. "Good, you have to be strong. Stronger then your mommy.." She said softly. She knew she made a mistake. If she would have been stronger she could have left, she could have saved her children.

Carter was already almost one now, a few months away. He was crawling, to everyone surprise, he had already seen more then enough murders. He had cried for the first few, but as he continued to watch and be present for them the fear in his eyes began to be replaced with emotionlessness just like the other babies. Max and Lia celebrated their 17th birthdays and as an early present were allowed to fill out a paper saying what they were looking for in their future spouses. She was worried that meant they were going to be allowed them sooner.

She had been there for over a year now, the idea of escaping was a fleeting chance. She felt more kicking and then hands around her waist, she turned with a jump. "Jace yo-"

She stepped back quickly almost stumbling against the wall, it wasn't Jace. "Who..who are you?" She asked, she had never seen this person before. Carter was cooing from the crib.

"Im here to help you." He whispered. "The women you alerted at the store, she wont stop speaking about you, said there was a terrified little pregnant blonde in our store. I followed the people who came to town, they traded cars half way here, which is when i knew something was seriously wrong."

Her eyes were wide, she needed to be helped, but what if this was a trick? What if this boy was sent here to scare her into submission, her head was spinning. She was insane now, she was going crazy here. The idea of freedom had died long ago.

"Let me help you." He said, he leaned closer to her trying to grab her wrist. "Please."

"Are you real?" She asked, running her small hands over his shoulder. "If you really are here to help me how do I know?"

"I...I have no way to prove to you other then the fact I will take you from this place."

"Does anyone know you came here?"

"No, nobody." He replied. She rolled her eyes, he was a goner, and she wasn't going to be saved. She felt her stomach lurch, her baby kicking again hard. "How many are you having?"

"Wha- oh..I don't know. One I think, but maybe....two..oh god if there are two in there...." he smirked.

"I want to help you." He said, she grabbed Carter quickly and followed him slowly. She still was unsure if she was to trust him. They made their way down the stairs when she heard Jace's father, she dragged him into a closet that was hidden behind a tapestry. There were bloody knives and weapons scattered in boxes, their crimes in a box. "Whos that?"