22: No Longer an Option

Chapter 22: No longer an option.

Wanted to thank you all for the reads! Sorry for being gone for a while, been super busy with life, but I am really hoping to update this more, hopefully once schools over we will be all good! <3

Almost 10k reads!

so for now, Im back!! <3

____________________

She was sleeping soundly, laying on her side, Carter sleeping in his crib. He was a year old now , and she was due any day now. Jace sat beside her, rubbing her back as she slept. He wanted to meet his son, his child. He liked Carter well enough, but it wasn't the same. The babbling toddler hardly spoke, and wasn't as strong as he had hoped. He wanted a strong child, he wanted to protect his boy. If they had a daughter he would be severely upset, he never wanted girls, but he knew if he harmed their daughter she would never speak to him again.

He loved Anika, and appreciated her more then anything. He woke her soon for breakfast, the smell of meat was wafting through the house. Carter was left in his crib for the two to go and eat, as she ate she felt her seat become wet. "Jace." She whimpered.

"Yes Anika?"

"We are having a baby."

He chuckled confused. "Yes baby, we are."

"No.. like now." She said as she let out a groan, feeling intense contractions.

"Oh.Oh you mean like now now. MOM!" He yelled, his mother raced into the room. "Shes having our baby."

"Get the towels, and the tub." She ordered. "Come on Anika, come on love." She followed her screaming, and moaning in pain. Soon the tub was filled and she was placed in it, Carter had began to scream being left in his room. Jace gave Carter to his father, which made Anika panic.

"My baby." She whispered.

"Is going to be just fine, if he touches your child in anyway you dont like I will stab him for you." She replied back, "Now push Anika." For the next hour she screamed and pushed, and then there he was. Her son, her first born, she let out a sigh of relief, a boy. Jace would be happy with her. "Anika keep pushing." She ordered.

"What..but I already." She asked, concerned and confused.

"Theres another one." His mother replied. "Now keep pushing."

"What!" She asked, she was having twins? Was it another boy?

"Push Anika!"

Jace was holding their first born, when he heard his mother say another one. "A strong baby boy Anika, and now another one." She let out a scream, the pain almost to much for her. Anika's blonde hair was stuck to her face with sweat, bloody water.

Finally the mysterious twin was born. All Anika saw was tiny feet, as she wrapped the screaming baby in a towel to clean it up. She was breathing heavily, fear in her eyes, hoping the baby was okay. She could hardly keeping awake.

"Mom, let me have him." Jace said as he came closer, Anika's well being second to his children.

"Give me your baby, tend to her." She ordered, offering her free arm out. He grumbled, but nodded. He quickly dropped to help Anika, ensuring she was okay.

"Baby girl are you okay?"

"Fine but tired can I see our boys?"

"Jace, go and get Anika something to eat and drink."

"Mo-"

"Go." She ordered. He raced off doing as he was asked. His mother locked the door quickly, and sat beside her. "Anika you didn't only have a boy."

"I had a daughter too?" Her eyes growing wide, she had always wanted a daughter.

"Yes love, I know Jace wanted only boys..but your daughter is beautiful. A girl will be good for him too, let me tell him. Here are your babies." Anika carefully took the children in her arms. Two, a boy and a girl. Names. What were their names going to be?

They both were sound asleep. She smiled and kissed each one of them on the forehead as she adjusted herself in the tub. How would Jace react?

"Mommy is always going to protect you, and your big brother Carter."

Thats when she heard Jace, the loud yell. "WHAT!" Whatever he was holding clattered to the floor. She listened to their conversation.

"You shut your mouth, why can't you just be happy you have to healthy children. You have two boys anyway, and you can teach your daughter to be a killer."

"I hadn't thought about that...teach her. To be more male."

"If thats what you'd like to do."

"I never wanted a daughter..because of my sister."

"I know, your twin, she died young because of something we did not the world." Anika looked towards the door, he had a twin, he never spoke about her. The two babies continued to sleep. "Now go in there and meet your children, and be happy. Anika accepted our traditions, this family, the least you can do is love your kids."

Anika watched as Jace slipped into the bathroom. "Our babies, how are they."

"Good, and nameless. Why dont we name them. I was thinking for our boy Harlee?"

"Yeah I like that. Can we name our girl Alex?"

"Yeah. That. I actually really like that."

"Alex and Harlee." He said, his eyes softened, "Can I see her?" She nodded, carefully transferring the little girl to him. "Hi Alex, hows my little girl?" She grabbed his finger. "She has a tight grip."

She nodded with a smirk. "Two boys and a girl. I like that."

"Surprisingly, me too."

She smiled, running away was no longer an option. She was going to have to learn to be dangerous, at least until the kids were old enough to run. She was going to protect them. All of them.