03

A searing pain spread throughout Willow's body. Her body felt the same way it did if she were suffering from a fever. Hot, cold, hot, cold. Shivering and snapping her eyes open she shook her head. Her eyes refused to focus. In front of her Jonathan tilted his head to the side, interested by her reaction. Wrapping her arms around herself, she shivered again and reached up to put a hand on her neck. She could feel the slightly raised needle mark. It was slightly sore to touch.

"What's it like, Willow?"

She rubbed her eyes, they still didn't want to focus. "I'm going blind!" She shouted so suddenly it actually made Jonathan jump. "Ah!" Panicking she continued to rub her eyes, she ended up clawing at them. "Damn darkness blocking out my vision. This isn't fair! Why me?! I'm not evil, or twisted unlike him. All I ever wanted was to make you happy. Why am I down here?!" Willow cried. "I can't see. It's so dark...I can't see..." her voice trailed off just as she collapsed to the side.

Jonathan looked at her. "That was eventful." Jonathan twirled the now empty needle in his hands before standing up and disappearing back into the work room. Disposing of the needle he returned back to the sitting room. Hannibal whined and nudged his head against Willow's. "She's fine." Jonathan said while pushing the dog away from her gently. Putting two fingers against her neck, he rolled his eyes utterly bored in the direction of the wall clock.

She was fine. Her pulse, although a little quicker, was steady and still there. Her breathing was normal. If anything the toxins effect had knocked her out, which ultimately meant it was too strong. Way too strong. If this toxin knocked Willow out, the second hardest mind to tackle other than Batman's, then it would most likely kill the seedy people who wished to take this. Willow's eyes flicked from side to side underneath her eyelids. Jonathan crossed his arms and leaned his head against them.

This wasn't how he wanted it to work out. The whole point of the experiment, much like all the others, was to see the reaction. This reaction was boring, a failure in fact. Willow's reaction to the toxins was happening while she was unconscious. Whimpering she waved her hands around, Jonathan raised an eyebrow, all right, now he saw some sort of reaction.

Willow's eyes opened slowly and she hazily looked at him. In a matter of moments she frowned. Opening her mouth to say something, she decided otherwise and shut her eyes again. She lifted a hand up and put it on her forehead. "Ow." Rubbing her head she opened her eyes again and looked at him. "That's what it's like. It's like ow."

"It's like ow. Yes, because that's so helpful, and descriptive. It's very descriptive."

"Ahah, quit being sarcastic. I would be more 'descriptive' if I hadn't just been knocked out." Willow sat up slowly and clutched her head. She sat still for a few moments before darting off towards the bathroom. Jonathan moved from his sitting position on the coffee table to sitting on the sofa. A few moments later Willow came shuffling back into the room and laid down on the sofa, using his lap as a pillow. Putting a hand on her head, Jonathan ran it through the dark curls. "You can't use that." Willow said simply. "You just can't."

"I was thinking the same thing." He said thoughtfully, Willow looked over her shoulder at him. "I'm being serious. I can't use something which knocks someone out, and then makes them sick."

"Yeah...both side effects are horrid." Willow said and wrapped an arm around her stomach. "How long will it take to get out of my system?"

"An hour, perhaps more." Jonathan answered. "You usually just stay sleeping after you've been tested on."

"Oh God, don't make me sound like a lab rat again." Willow frowned, her frowning didn't last long before she let out a quiet yawn.

Jonathan had failed numerous times to recreate a toxin which wasn't too strong, yet wasn't too weak. Looking over at Willow, he frowned. He couldn't keep testing on her. She peeked out from the duvet which she was cocooned in. She'd just been injected with another batch of toxins for the fourth time today. Willow pouted, let out a whimper and a light sob before hiding her face back in the cover.