51

"Come on then, what's your plan from here?" Jonathan asked. After an extremely bumpy ride they had managed to get the folded up table with its passenger down the stairs.

"Well I know for sure we can't leave him here."

"You don't say." Jonathan commented sarcastically.

"Oh yes, yes I do!" Willow said equally sarcastic. Most of the time she was a little ignorant to his sarcastic ways, but not at the moment. "Why don't you come up with something? You are after all the genius."

Jonathan rocked on his heels and looked around the alleyway. "I suggest finding a van."

"...Yes, because there's many vans loitering around awaiting for us to nab."

Jonathan sighed and put his hands on her shoulders. "Can you do me a favour?"

"Depends, what is it?"

"I mean this in a general, polite way; please be quiet, thank you. Your sarcasm and pessimism isn't helping."

Willow opened and shut her mouth. Pointing a finger at him she smiled slowly. "You started it." With that said she turned on her heels and walked back inside.

Jonathan looked down as Hannibal yawned. "I know." He said slowly while reaching down to ruffle his fur.

Willow reappeared on the phone. "You do? Oh thank you so much! You see one patient fainted and we need to take him home...to the hospital? No, he's fainted. It isn't like he's been shot. He needs five minutes to come round, and I personally think that's best done at home. Mmhmm, yeah. Cool, thanks." Willow said while hanging up.

Jonathan had been watching her phone call with interest. "Who was that?"

"That my dear, was a taxi service." Willow answered simply. Jonathan frowned and shook his head slowly. "Oh don't be like that. If you had come up with a better plan then you should have said. But your only plan seemed to be one of grand theft auto." She sighed and hung her head. "In all honesty, it's best to use some shady taxi service."

"Shady...seriously?" Jonathan frowned. "You used a taxi service which gets used as a runner?"

"Meh," Willow shrugged. "You honestly think a normal taxi service would allow you to hire a vehicle? Pfft, drug runners would. You're similar, nothing like narcotics amongst randomers."

Jonathan slapped a hand against his forehead. "You seem to never fail to amaze me."

"I am rather amazing. I amaze myself on a regular basis too, if I'm going to be honest."

Jonathan raised an eyebrow at her. "Boost your ego, why not?"

"I've not got a lot more to do than travel home in a day's time." Jonathan frowned again and looked at her. "What? You forgot that I am actually meant to be having a kid in like a few weeks' time?"

"If I answered yes, you'd take offence. So no." Jonathan said while Willow's eyes narrowed. "I just hadn't realised that you were travelling out so soon."

Stepping forward Willow wrapped her arms around his waist. "Best to, I think." She said simply. The two stood in silence then. Looking to the entrance of the alleyway they both eyed up the taxi which pulled up. A rather stubby man leaped out of the driver seat and walked over to them.

"You called?"

"I need your help in removing this poor fellow from our premises." Jonathan said while letting Willow go. He stepped forward and nudged her behind him. The shorter man was shooting Willow some very concerning glances, Jonathan didn't much approve of them.