54

"What if all you understand. Could fit into the centre of our hand? Then you found it wasn't you. Who held the sum of everything you knew. We're insane but not alone. You hold on and let go." Pushing an IV drip down the corridor, Willow looked around singing quietly to herself. She had woken up in a darkened white room with the blinds drawn. It was night, there was rain pattering against the window. A few flashes in the dark signalled to her that it was storming. Willow didn't fair too well in storms. Getting out of the dark and into the brightly lit hallways of the hospital was one way of coping.

Looking up at the drip she frowned. It wasn't saline, or even antibiotics. It was blood. Which begged the question of: how much blood did she loose? Regardless of how much she lost, she certainly felt the effects of it. Being extremely pale, tired, and rather withdrawn looking, Willow could simply say she had felt better. Pouting and swinging around the corner she landed heavily against the nurse's desk. The woman behind the furniture gave a start not noticing her. "Miss you shouldn't be up."

"I don't like the dark. So, being bored I decided to go for a walk. Then I suddenly remembered I was pregnant, and you know what? I wake up, on my own, in the dark without my child. So, care to take me to it?" Willow smiled kindly yet narrowed her eyes.

"I can take you in the morning. But for now you really must rest. You've been in an induced sleep for a few days."

Willow looked deadpanned. "When you say a few days, how long do you mean? A few days you see could stem from two, to well...a week."

"It's more the latter of the two." The nurse said sheepishly.

Willow blinked. "A week? Are you actually joking? What part of you thought that that was a good idea?"

"Miss, you lost a lot of blood. Your body needed rest to recuperate."

"You do realise that the body makes more blood when it's loosing blood, right?"

"And you do realise that you was actually bleeding to death?"

"Hm, I did get that presumption from the bloodstain on my parent's carpet." Willow leaned against the desk. Narrowing her eyes again she tilted her head to the side. "You're not meant to be blunt like that, that's awful nursing skills."

The nurse heaved a sigh, stood and walked around. "You're not going to leave are you?"

"Nope."

"You want to go to the baby unit, fine, come with me." The nurse started walking forwards. "Sorry for being blunt. I wanted you to know the severity of what happened to you."

"Rupture?"

The nurse nodded slowly. "Yes."

"How many operations did I have? Include the ones which obviously bought about my kid coming into the world."

"Three."

"Three?"

"Delivery, then there was another two to repair-"

"I get the feeling this is going to get sickly graphic. Considering I've woken up from a week long nap I'd really rather not be mentally scarred."

"B-but you asked..."

"I regret asking." Willow shrugged and continued to lean against the drip as if it was some sort of crutch. "I could have died, really?"

"Yes." The nurse said quietly.

"Hm," Willow looked at the ceiling and squinted against the painful glare of the lights. She would have said how it wasn't the first time. But she really doubted the nurse needed to know that. She was also rather sure that by hearing this information, the nurse would become very concerned. Willow hung her head, she didn't want an interrogation. "Your name, what is it?"