12

"This, no good." The Chechen said simply.

Jonathan and Willow both sighed yet didn't answer. They both knew what he was on about. It was only two days ago that they'd given him the mass produced toxins. He wasn't expecting them to turn up at one of his little warehouse like hideaways. But they did. To be honest, both Jonathan and Willow wanted to get this over with. The mob may be easy money. But it was annoying money. They seemed to think because they waved a figure of great proportion over their heads that it meant something. Jonathan and Willow didn't care much for money. Yes, they needed it like everyone else in existence, but they didn't care.

They didn't want to work for the Chechen anymore. It was bad enough that the Russian thought that because he was giving them a few hundred, or thousand extra that it meant they'd work for him longer. Or work in his company, or alongside his company for longer. Far from it, they wanted to get away from them. There was a sudden crackdown on mob activity which meant that they could be caught. If they were caught they'd be put into holding until Arkham City was finished being built. That did not seem like fun to either of them.

"This, no good." The Russian repeated and pointed his finger down at a man who was huddled on the floor. "We can't sell that."

"But you seemed most up for it when you saw Mr Spencer." Jonathan stated while crossing his arms. "You saw the paralysing fear it invoked on him. Did you think I would not make it the same for each batch?"

The crackdown on mob activity did revolve mainly around the Chechen and the fact that he was supplying people with suspicious drugs which weren't completely what they seemed. Naturally this annoyed the older man. The only way to get it resulted was to go to the source. It just so happened that the source wasn't exactly cooperating.

"You said it yourself, the suppliers are gone because of Batman." Jonathan said simply, Willow let out a sigh beside him and nodded slowly.

"You came to us remember? We were just going to go on our merry way." Willow stated.

"Less of the merry and more of the way." Jonathan frowned. "You don't want our stuff that's fine, we'll stop providing you with it. It doesn't effect us, we do have other ways to get an income and get this stuff out into Gotham." Jonathan shrugged, the Chechen regarded them both with a light frown. Willow looked from one man to the other. They didn't have an income, Jonathan totally lied. The money she got from lectures paid the bills and food and that was it. That was all they had to live on. As for the rest of his words, he was right. There were other ways to get the toxins into the city then through the mob.

The Chechen didn't say anything and just stood motionless. It was a little disconcerting. "We stay in business." He said, Jonathan and Willow frowned lightly. They were hoping he'd go the opposite way. "We have no one else." The Russian said while withdrawing an envelope from his leather jacket. He threw it in their direction, Jonathan caught it and turned away.

When they were away from the Chechen's little hideout, Willow pulled her goggles off and frowned. "Now, now Willow, don't look so downhearted." Jonathan said while pulling his mask off.

"But they did the opposite!"

"I have a plan."

"W-what?" Willow mumbled confused. "I thought our plan, your plan, was to provide the mob with your toxins. Then by doing that, it'll get into the city and it'll make everyone aware of your existence and you not being dead, but very much alive." Willow paused as they ran across the street and walked quickly towards the busy streets which were at the end of the alleyway.

"Yes," Jonathan answered rather simply considering the length of her words. "But we don't want to work for the mob, or with them anymore, do we?"

"I guess we don't." Willow said thoughtfully while twiddling her thumbs.