7

***

***

“This is right dear, either you marry him or leave the Sultant.”

Numb.

Infuriated.

Horrified and dejected. That's how she felt at the moment. Hearing her father's firm words. It felt like someone had smacked her across her face, knocking her down...leaving no strength. Neither to stand straight nor to speak against her father's orders. Holding the table for preventing a fall she stared in those brown eyes...the one which once shone with love now were hollow, devoid of any feeling. Not even mercy.

“Baba, I… I can't even s…stand him for a second. How can you do...do this knowing everything?” she hardly spoke those words as the lump of her throat wasn't allowing her to utter anything. Her stuttering words were exhibiting her vulnerability yet it wasn't of any use. The decision was taken, and she knew even if she tried she couldn't change that.

“He is the best for you...you will never regret being with him.” Sultan said.

Stoically.

“Baba, please.” She whispered.

“Everything is crystal clear Ayesha, if you don't want to marry him then leave the desire for being my successor.” Sultan spoke in a firm and crisp voice and it was nothing but slicing her heart. Sultan had never talked to her like this, not even once he had even raised his voice but the situation and his helplessness had forced him to do this. It was better to hurt her for sometime than to lose her forever. How he wished he could stop everything and hide her from the world, protect his princess from the cruelty, but he knew he couldn't. Even if how wished too, it was impossible.

“How can I leave Sultanat? Baba I have worked my whole life to be the heir. Am I not worthy of it?” She asked? Accusing hm from her eyes. The same fierce eyes he too had...just the same.

“Then marry him.”

Ayesha's eyes widened in shock. It was getting out of hand. She had never imagined that her father would be forcing her for something she could never think of doing. Where was her father? The man in front of her was someone else.

“If that's the condition, I will marry him.” She spoke looking in his eyes. A surge of rage and determination flowing through her glossy eyes. Taking a brief pause she again spoke, the bitter words had caught him completely off guard.

“But, if we end up separate. I will have Sultanat all to myself.”

“That day won't come.” He whispered but she was gone.

Sultan abruptly fell down on the chair behind him and few drops of tears slipped down his wrinkled cheeks. How would he face her now...the anger and hurt in her eyes wasn't oblivious to him. He feared that the hurt would turn into hate.