27

***

***

“Mubashir, he isn't picking up the call.” Ayesha's worry laced voice reached his ears as soon as he stepped in the front room where she was pacing around and that too in the middle of night. He sighed and a worried look crossed his face too.

“Try one more time.” He spoke taking steps towards her and standing beside her. She nodded and was about to dial the number again when Sahir entered the room. His demeanor a little disheveled and his face etched into a weary one. She almost rushed towards him and stood just in front of him with an angry face. Sahir glanced her but the next moment looked away.

“Where were you and why weren't you picking up the call?” She asked.

“There was some work in the office and my phone was on silent mode.” He replied, he  lied. He wasn't aware of the fact that they knew what had happened, and he didn't intend to tell them. A pained look flashed on her face seeing her brother lie to her but anyhow she masked it. He went past her after a while leaving her frozen.

Why was he hiding things? She thought and turned around only to find Mubashir just behind her. Her teary eyes didn't go unnoticed by him and once again it pained him, seeing her vulnerable and broken. Placing his hand on her back he engulfed her in a warm hug making her clutch his shirt in her palm and rest her head on his shoulder.

“It's alright. He might be having a hard time. He will tell you everything on his own...give him some time.” he said and the few tears that was bounded in her eyes escaped drenching his shirt. She moved back and wiped her tears.

“He has faced a lot Mubashir, I don't know what must be going inside him. He always hides pain beneath his smile, he has gone through a lot.” She whispered looking down. The heaviness of her voice prominent as she spoke. He held her shoulder and spoke,

“So have you. You both have faced a lot and I know you guys are strong. Have patience, everything will be fine In sha Allah.” He spoke making her look up at him with hope. He offered a small smile and taking her hand in his went towards their room.

For a lot of time she couldn't sleep, she just was changing sides. Sleep was as usual far away but the uneasiness and worry was making it more hard to sleep let alone breathe. Turning towards him she sighed. He was sleeping.

She slowly shook his shoulder in hope that he would wake up but alas he didn't. Groaning mentally she shifted towards him and faced her back towards his chest. Holding his one hand she wrapped it around her waist while laid on the other. All the commotions she was creating woke him up and for a moment he was startled but as soon as he saw her a smile that was more like a smirk appeared on his face. He played oblivion for some time and when she placed his hand around her waist he immediately tightened his grip making her gasp loudly.

She thought he was sleeping but the surrounding grip tightened, and she was pulled more to him. She turned her head in his direction and found him smirking at her. Her eyes were wide, and she could feel her cheeks heat in embarrassment. Giving him a sheepish smile she shifted more towards him and settled in between his arms comfortably.

“Hold me tight, I can't sleep.” He heard her whisper in a muffled voice as if in a state of half asleep. Placing his head on her shoulder he closed his eyes slipping into oblivion.

________

“How long will it take to execute the second plan?” The woman asked as she saw the man enter the room. Her eyes holding rage and emergency. Rage against their rival and emergency of completing their revenge. The man heaved a long sigh and spoke.

“The second plan will only come in action when you will be able to complete your part. I have made the arrangements for whole thing just better execution will trigger everything.” He spoke sitting in front of her.

“Hmm, that's right. What do you say should I call him now?” She asked.

“Not now but today, after all Sahir Sultan needs to get some emotional drama in his life.”

“Trust me that guy is really a shit to handle. Back then too.” She spoke with disgust making the man laugh loudly.

“Of course he is a shit.”

_________________

Mubashir and Ayesha had decided to talk to Sahir as soon as possible. They were seated in the front room when Sahir came down all dressed up for office. He greeted them and saf down opposite of his sister as the look on their faces had already told him that they wanted to talk.

“Sahir I heard Miss Rabiya met with an accident while coming out of your office. Are you aware about it?” Ayesha spoke with seriousness in her tone which made him look up and nod.

“I was the one who admitted her in the hospital. She had come to meet me.” His words were just like a whisper while his eyes were cast down.

“What did she say?” The seriousness of her tone instantly changed as he spoke the truth. Mubashir was right, her brother won't lie to them.

“She wanted to apologize to me.”

“Anything else?” This time it was Mubashir.

“What else do you guys want to hear? Huh. That she is related to our rivals, or she was involved in all the chaos of past. For god’s sake she is in hospital...still unconscious. Please stop doubting her when she had apologized so many times. Please...as much you guys hate her or doubt her I can't. She is my mother and trust me I yearn for her love, knowing that she was alive all those years but was far from me sliced my heart open. And now when she is here please let me be with her.” His longing, his pain and agony each and everything was clear in his words. Ayesha's eyes were widened, this was something she hadn't expected that too from him.

“Sahir you are taking us wrong...we didn't mean that way-” Mubashir's sentence died down in middle as Sahir again spoke looking straight in their eyes.

“What...what did you not mean. Please stop these excuses... I know everything is messed up lately but that doesn't mean you doubt my mother.”

“I am leaving.” He spoke getting up and storming out of the house. The two were left frozen, everything was truly messed up. A sigh of frustration escaped her lips as she held her head in her hand.

“What do we do now?” Mubashir asked.

“I don't know...my mind isn't working Mubashir. I can't believe he spoke to me like that...he can't be my Sahir.” She whispered. The pain and hurt evident in her tone.

“Please Ayesha, hold yourself. I think first we should find the truth...about his mother and you know well who will reveal everything to us.”

__________

Assalamoalaikum everyone.

How are you all?

How was the chapter?

Do vote and comment.