19

***

Fresh breeze rushed into the kitchen through the recently opened window. A beautiful smile plastered on a beautiful face, her brown sparkly eyes twinkled with love as she stares at the two adorable kids playing in mud. Her two prized possessions.

Stirring the batter for the last time she wiped her hands on her apron and went to open the door on the call of its bell. As soon as the double door opened her eyes shone in excitement and love. There stood he, her love the one she had given her whole heart and soul to...her husband, Sultan.

Greeting him softly she followed him inside. The young man's face morphed into a relaxed one seeing his beautiful wife.

“So, what's baking this time?” He asked as his eyes roamed on the kitchen apron she was wearing and probably had forgotten to take out.

“Nothing...really.” As if trying to hide something she stuttered looking here and there. Groaning inside she wondered how he always manages to find her surprise.

“Oh, nothing. I thought I would get some treat today.” Sultan spoke faking hurt making her eyes go wide and guilt wash over her face.

“I am so sorry,… I was making something... I should have told you. Are you hungry?” Zeenat's innocence wad something Sultan always used to prank her. Smiling at his wife he shook his head.

“I am not hungry, I was joking.” He caressed her cheeks making the woman heave a breath of relief. Staring straight in her brown orbs he leaned forward and placed a lounging kiss on her forehead. An act of promise and love.

“I will get fresh,” declaring, so he took his bag and turned to go upstairs but was stopped in between by two noisy creatures running his way. A smile plastered his face, seeing the two munchkins.

“Oh god, what have you done this time?” Making a frown he asked after seeing their mud covered clothes and faces.

“Baba, Bubathir is bad. He no made my house.” The five-year-old chubby girl spoke making him chuckle.

“I am Mubashir.” Shouting in annoyance the boy spoke increasing Sultan's laugh more.

“Uncle I told her I will make big house when we grow up. She doesn't listen to me and calls me Bubathir.” Huffing and puffing in anger he spoke making the girl roll her eyes.

“You bad, Bubathir. “ Shouting again she stuck out her tongue and ran away.

“I am good, uncle tell her I will make a big house for her and me to play.” The small boy spoke in helplessness.

“I will tell her, first you go and wash your self.” Smiling at him he ruffled his hair and continued moving upstairs.

Everything was normal, each part of their lives were as beautiful as a dream. Living with the one who loves you and whom you love is an unidentified blessing, but he knew. His journey from being homeless man then join a gang and marry the woman he loved to living a dream was a blessing, and he was thankful to core.

Zeenat's beautiful smile, Ayesha and Mubashir's small bickering, family time with Khans were his solace. Little did he know that this solace was going to be lost, so soon that it would shatter him to the deepest part. That would turn his life upside down.

He didn't know that the very next day his life would get wretched. Zeenat was kidnapped next day when she was out with Mubashir and Ayesha. Anyhow, she managed to help the children to escape but couldn't save herself.