28

***

***

“Ayesha, my baby please listen to me. If you don't eat this how will you grow up?” Sultan asked slowly. Ayesha being the hot head she was giving Sultan a hard time. Her one condition was simple, she wanted her mom then only she would eat. Sultan couldn't stop his face express his helplessness.

“Baba, what will I do after I grow up. Mom said when I grow up she would give me her clothes but now she isn't here.” Her words were enough for him to go silent, she wasn't the same child her mother left her as a year ago. She was different...more mature, more hurt and more cold. Being only 7 her maturity was on another level, though some times she used to behave like a child and this one was one of those time.

“Please, listen to your baba.” He pleaded.

“Fine.” She huffed and started stuffing food in her mouth. Sultan sighed dejectedly. Things were going out of his hand. She wasn't coming out of her trauma, every night she would have a nightmare and cry. He was helpless...his consoling didn't do anything to her. She had shut herself out...only talked to her father and Safina. Mubashir was still facing her wrath, the punishment he didn't deserve.

“Sir there is a woman outside...she says she wants to meet you.” One of the men came towards him and said.

“Do I know her?” He asked.

“I don't think so. But she is insisting.”

“Okay I am coming.”

“Baby... I will come in a minute. Please complete this all,” Sultan spoke caressing her cheek and pecked her forehead. He came out of the house and found a woman with a small child. Clearing his throat he tried to grab her attention, and she turned around.

“Assalamoalaikum Mr Sultan. I am Rabiya.” She spoke.

“Walekumasslam. Any special reason for the visit Miss Rabiya?” He asked and simultaneously his eyes went towards the small kid who was looking at him with brown eyes. It felt for a second it was those eyes, the same one but then it wasn't possible.

“Mr Sultan I am a widow and I don't have any source of income. I am in great need of work. I want to work as a maid here as I have no education. Please, Mr Sultan. I have heard from people that you help a lot.” She literally begged. Sultan's mind said there was something wrong but then it was finding wrong in everything. He shrugged his negative thoughts and looked at the child who was still looking at him and the next second he smiled with his two small teeth on display. A small smile tugged on Sultan's face.

“Miss Rabiya we have enough maid here but as I think you are in need of a job...so can you work as the nanny of my daughter?” He asked expectantly. His daughter was in need of a mother, he knew he couldn't get her one but seeing Rabiya with a child he thought she could give the motherly love to her.