26

***

***

Losing someone when you didn't even get them is anguishing enough. Sahir Sultan, a name almost everyone was aware of...but the pain only known by some. And those who knew his pain were aware how he had hidden it, how he had endured it and how he had smiled. But now when his past, his mother was in front of him all his suppressed pain, anguish and longing erupted like the lava out of a volcano...the lava that couldn't hold back more.

Tears found their way as he looked down at his mother's figure...lifeless and covered in blood. The stretcher was moving in hallway of the hospital with doctors surrounding it. A look of worry and emergency on their faces while a look of pain on his. He didn't want to forgive her...or even see her, but then he had to. She was his mother and as much he denied there was still a soft part in his childlike heart that craved a mother's love.

Standing in the silent white hallway he looked at his watch, three long hours. It had been three hours since she was taken in the operation theater and all the time he didn't budge from there...looking time to time at the O. T's door with hope. He had informed his assistant that he wouldn't return as there was an emergency, but he hadn't informed anyone about Rabiya's accident. It was the fear that had stopped him from informing them, a fear that they would not want him near her and take him away.

Lost in his trance he slumped on the metal chair and closed his eyes, the blood on her face, the argument everything started moving in his head like a film. His head ached with enormous pain. Voice of the doctor brought him out of his trance, and he stood up immediately.

“Mr Sahir, the treatment is done. Injuries aren't that major except that her hand is fractured and there is a cut on her forehead that's quite deep. We have to keep her under observation overnight, and she needs to be admitted here for two weeks.” He spoke making him nod in response. Thanking him and after doing the necessary paper work he went towards the room where she was shifted. The glass window showed her, and he stood just staring her, no emotions on his face yet a chaos inside.

“Why did you come back?”

Later he didn't stop to meet Ibrahim as he was informed by the hospital staff. He was tired and sick of being in chaos, the chaos of emotions and pain. Driving his car to one of his liked places he messaged Ayesha that he was going out for some work. He came out as soon as he reached and started strolling around. Mind clogged with all the incidents of from few days. He was lost in his trance when he hears that one voice he was expecting the least.

“Everything happens for a reason. Maybe you might find it hard to cope with the problems now but Insha Allah you will be successful.” The voice spoke but it wasn't meant for him to hear yet it gave an unexpected peace to him.

_____

Ayesha and Mubashir were walking out of the meeting room when they heard Ibrahim talk to someone on call in a worried voice.