9

“Ayesha, Mubashir wait...” they heard someone call. It was Ibrahim, Ayesha's person assistant. Taking long strides he reached them. He smiled seeing the two and entered into the elevator following them.

“So what's my today's schedule?” Ayesha asked smiling and turned towards Ibrahim ignoring the other presence beside her.

“Nothing much, you have a meeting with Sultan and other board members and Mubashir...you too have the same schedule.” Ibrahim said giving a formal smile to Mubashir which was reciprocated.

“Where is Ali?” Mubashir asked the where about of his own assistant.

“He is on leave today, so I will be doing his work.” Ibrahim said making him nod and look down.

“Ayesha...the file you gave me to check was literally so boring but still I read and guess what I found?” Ibrahim asked catching attention of both Ayesha and Mubashir. He looked at him with curiosity while she just shrugged her shoulders indicating him to speak.

“It has nothing important.” He said making her chuckle. Mubashir's eyes widened hearing her laugh. He looked at Ibrahim who was smiling at her and frowned. Ayesha wasn't someone who would leisurely talks to anyone and here she was laughing with Ibrahim.

“What was that?” He mumbled to himself seeing the two move towards her cabin. Nevertheless, he made his way towards the meeting room as per his schedule. The room was empty when he entered making him sigh in relief. He had no idea why Sultan had arranged this meeting but somewhere he knew it was related to their marriage.

_______

The meeting room was filled with board and gang members. It was quite unusual to have a meeting with both gangs and company's people. Sitting around the round table the people were curiously looking at the Sultan. A triumphant smile played on his lips as he glanced the two sitting adjacent to him.

“So gentlemen we are here for a really important declaration. Coming to the point, I am here to announce the name of heir of Sultanat.” He said making everyone in the room exchanged looks with each. Ayesha looked at Mubashir who was already looking at her with a confused face.

“The heirs of Sultanat are my daughter Ayesha Sultan and Son In Law Mubashir Khan.” Sultan said. The silence that prevailed after this was pin drop. Everyone was too bewildered to even react. The two people who were never on good terms were now married.

On the other side Ayesha and Mubashir's eyes were wide and a shock was written on their faces. They had discussed that no one should know about their marriage and here Sultan just declared it in front of everyone.

“I know it's quite unbelievable but still, they both are married. The Nikkah ceremony was held yesterday at a private function and the Reception will be held tomorrow. I hope you will be supportive with your new leader as you were with me. Sultanat is nothing without you all.” Sultan said sitting back on his chair.

As soon as the members left Ayesha and Mubashir turned towards Sultan who had a victorious smile on his face. He was well aware of the two's intentions, and after all he was their father...smarter than them.

“Baba why did you do that?” Ayesha asked in a worried tone.

“You are married so it had to come out anyhow so better I announced it.” Sultan said still smiling he knew how his daughter was...she would try every way to mess things up. But father is father.

“Baba this...this is so freaking insane.” she said and got up in a jerk that the chair fell on the ground. Glaring her father for the last time she stomped out of the room.