complicated - mikey williams

"you become somebody else, around everyone else. watching your back like you can't relax you look like a fool to me."

in biology, she sits next to a friend of hers. "ugh, can you believe we're the only freshman in here?" 

kehlani looks at her and smiles, "dude. we're definitely superior."

class starts and twenty minute in, a brown skinned boy named mikey walks in. y/n looks at him and he looks back at her. she quickly turns her head.

"okay class dismissed." everyone had left the class onto their next. walking out the building, yn stands on her phone texting her mom. she shakes her head in annoyance.

"hey." she jumps hearing the voice of another creep up on her.

she turns to see mikey behind her. "oh hey. don't do that, it scared me." yn grins at the boy, but also wonders on why he is speaking to her. "do you need anything?" he seems zoned out, so she waits for his reply.

"sorry.. i just thought you were really pretty. and you seemed smart back there asking questions. i thought i should get to know you." mikey seemed sweet. his eyes were beautiful in the sunlight. it brought a lot out.

she shoots a small smile. she had felt flattered. "yeah sure, you can text me. right now it's like 12, and i have to be in psychology by 12:15."

"what? me too. what are you studying?" they start walking to the building which was behind art. she wonders if he's playing any sports like she is. he looks pretty athletic.

"psychology. it's good for basketball, you need the mentality in order to go on." mikey looks a little surprised looking at the small 5'6 frame in front of his 6'3 self.

"you play too? like scholarship earned?" she nods at his response. "me too. that's hella crazy how we have a lot in common." he found it strange of how a complete stranger he met in the previous class could just be so much like him.
-

a few weeks go by as they talk consistently. mikey and yn find themselves slowly liking each other. it's weird how they had a lot in common. it made yn smile thinking about him. he brought butterflies to her stomach.

"do you wanna go out to a party at a frat tonight?" kehlani someone fell for a complete douche, but kind hearted frat boy. he was lightskin with beautiful eyes studying sports medicine. blaine was the type of person to become overprotective as if he wasn't good enough. yn liked the way he kept her though.

"with you and blaine?" kehlani nodded. "hell no." yn wasn't the type to third wheel. and parties were never really her thing. being in a house filled with sweaty, drunk and high people wasn't in her bucket list.

"please?" lani begged and begged yn. begged her until she started crying. "yn, i will never ask for anything else. just please. i don't wanna be the only one with no one to talk to when blaine goes off to talk to friends."

yn sighed. "fine." she still didn't even wanna go. she felt as if her best friend was important so she was going to go with it. now.. blaine seals has entered the room.

"she's going!" lani squealed and ran to her closet picking out outfits for them. "this white bodycon with just the white air force 1s would fit you right. basic and simple. and i'm going to wear these shorts with this white top." lani knew it was a little out of yn's comfort zone. but it's college, she needs to try new things!

"no... that's revealing." lani wasn't having it. she made her wear the dress. as soon as she walked out the bathroom with the dress on, she felt insecure.

"no need to feel insecure yn, you're beautiful." lani hugged her best friend and smiled. "let's go!!"
-

at the party, they go into the kitchen getting drinks. yn poured a sprite into her solo cup. even though it was used to mix alcohol with she didn't care. she didn't wanna get wasted.

"let's play truth or dare!" someone screamed from the living room. lani squealed and dragged her to the room. as soon as she got to it she spots mikey. he's sitting on the couch.

she goes to sit next to him. "hey," yn gives a smile and he smiled back. "down to play with me?"

he nods and the game slowly started. "yn, truth or dare?" another dude from across her had asked. she was confused and didn't know which to pick. what outcome?

"dare." she just wanted to feel alive in the moment. a small baby step to feeling reckless.

"make out with mikey." she tried to play it off and acted unnerved by shrugging her shoulders and turning to him.

her heart was racing. "you wanna do this?" he looked at her concerned for her consent. she nodded and leant in. the mouths coordinated with eachother. and someone he led his tongue into hers. it was only around ten seconds where she pulled away.

"there." she smiled. her heart raced for him. she didn't know how she could've done that. it was really nothing, but her feelings were going up more and more just for him.
-

days went on and the more they hung out. not just as friends. they kissed, laughed, hugged, cuddled. everything you would want in a relationship.

sitting down in the small diner, she had ordered fries and so had he. just something light for the night. suddenly, kehlani, her boyfriend and a few of his and mikeys friends appeared.

"what are you guys doing so late here at night?" zaire sat down next to yn and bronny next to mikey. "y'all been hanging out?"

"yeah we actually went to the fai-" right in the middle of yn talking mikey looked at her and cut her off.

"nah p' she was just helping me study and we took a snack break. bouta be back on our feets in a minute." he laughed and she look majorly concerned and irritated. what was he hiding? did he not tell them?

"excuse me zaire." she made a face to show she was  uncomfortable. he let her out the booth. "i'll be waiting by the exit." she made a look a mikey right before she had walked off.

mikey walked over to her, "ready to go?" she made this irritated face. he noticed and wondered what was it about. "why are you looking like that?"

"maybe because you are not telling anyone we're together." she barked. yn was angry. furious with him, quite so to where she had shed a few tears. "mikey take me back to my apartment."

"okay." he sighed. he felt bad, but being in the pact they don't date. they talk and leave as if. basketball and bro's come first. just something she wouldn't have known.

mikey just left the situation alone and went about life as if nothing had happened. which definitely never sparked yn's love for him.