i like you - lamelo ball

backstory: y/n and melo have been best friends since kindergarten. y/n even went to visit him in lithuania. she has a huge ass crush on him but won't admit it.

"y/n when are you going to tell him?" liangelo looked at me. i looked up from my phone and gave him a stink eye.

i had thought of about it. however, no. "never." i simply replied and put down my phone.

liangelo looked at me with a face full of confusion. "y/n y/m/n y/l/n, you have to tell him. it's been three years, what are you waiting for? he's been to your homecoming, prom, and graduation. shit every event in your life."

he was right. melo was my date for every event needed. mel has been thru everything with me. even though, it was never considered a date. i wish though. "yeah, yeah. whatever." i brushed it all off and went back onto my phone.

my phone rang and it was melo facetiming me. "y/n you'll never believe it!"

"what mel?" liangelo looked at me with that dumb face he makes when i do something he doesn't like.

melos face brightened up thru the screen. "i got a date tonight! she's an instagram model. she's really pretty and nice."

oh, my heart kinda hurts now. "cool, melo. listen, i'll call you back. i'm out with liangelo."

"wait what's wro-" before he could finish his sentence i ended the call. didn't know he was ever going to do that.

i sighed and put my phone down. "see, y/n. you better tell him before his date."

i nodded and finished my drink. maybe liangelo is right. i need to put my pride aside and tell him. no more acting like i don't want nothing. well, i don't want anything with anyone unless it's lamelo.

back at the ball estate. 7:30pm

i got out of the car with g and headed inside. "hey y/n!" lavar greeted me with a hug. "melo left, you can still hang out though."

fuck. fuck traffic. fuck. fuck. fuck. i wanted to cry. i ran upstairs to liangelos room. "g, it's too late."
i sat on the bed and felt a few tears run down my face.

"y/n it's okay. don't cry." liangelo wrapped his arms around me. "you'll get him. maybe his date will go bad."

maybe. there's always a possibility. i sucked it up and went to the bathroom. i looked at myself and wiped my tears, cleaning myself up.

"i'm gonna nap for a bit."

i went to melos room and hugged the stuff panda, we won together at a fair, as i laid down. dip had came to me and cuddled with me.

i could barely sleep. i was too scared to tell him. what if his date went well? i should go chill outside by the pool and cool off.

i changed and grabbed my phone. now, i was messing with the water. i dipped my feet in and sat on the ledge. it was already pretty dark outside, but the lights outside lit it up a bit.

i heard someone's footsteps walk nearby. i turned to see lamelo. "oh, hey." i slightly smiled. "how'd it go?"

"good, but i don't know about her though." he shrugged and took his shirt off. he was just in shorts and a regular shirt. who wears that to a dat- whatever. "gelo said you needed to tell me something?"

"yeah." he took a seat next to me and dipped his feet in too. "so, it's a lot. you good enough to hear it?"

melo gave me that face. "y/n, we're been best friends for like 13 or 14 years. i'm ready for any type a bullshit." he lightly chuckled and wrapped his arm around me.

butterflies entered my stomach making my heart beat heavily. "okay." i took a deep breath before going on.

"i like you. i'm sorry i never meant to. but who am i kidding look at you, you just- ugh. and i'm y/n ... of course. lamelo, i'm in love with you. ever since, freshman year chino hills era! i want you more than a friend, and i want you to want me to. and-"

suddenly, i was cut off by his lips on mine. he pulled away, "why didn't you just say so? y/n, i love you. nothing will change the way our friendship is. we can always take it slow."

a smile started to form on my face. something came over me and i just hugged him. his arms wrapped around me and he threw me into the pool, but i pulled him making him fall in with me.

i laughed as he lifted me by my waist. "you're an ass still."

"love you too." melo kissed me as i placed my hand on the back of his neck, deepening the kiss.

authors notey: this was cute and i had the idea in my head and i had to make this ndjskskam kinda ass but lemme tel y'all a lul sumn sumn. i posted something on my instagram close friends tagged my tiktok crush and he saw it and now i'm embarrassed. 🥺