surprise! - lamelo ball

i sat on my flight. it was just an few hour flight from portland, or to los angeles, ca. i had told my boyfriend, lamelo that i was going to go out with friends for a little. little did he know, i was coming to stay for a while and im surprising him at his game!
i looked at my phone on airplane mode. maybe he's blowing up my phone because i turnt my locations off. or i'm not responding.

i got out the plane going to grab my luggage. my phone blasting with messages and missed calls.

lamelo ❤️
y/n
baby
y/n y/n y/n
babe.
oh so you being secret now
where r you going ?
why you gottem off
y/n y/l/n
you not gon reply
it's been hours

babyyy ❤️🤞🏽
oh shit sorry i was on dnd. love you!

lamelo ❤️
mane, you're fake asl. don't text me
don't respond fo hours and wanna respond now
got me worried.
i'm not facetiming you tonight.
u messed up.. even when ur on dnd u respond to me
and ik that for a fact. you just lying out yo ass now.
bye y/n.

i felt extremely terrible. but i knew i was going to see him and make it up to him anyways. i texted liangelo and jaden ( i know there's rumors going on saying they aren't together.. um let's ignore that though) letting them know i landed. i was now in los angeles getting ready to surprise melo at his drew league game. i haven't seen him since two months ago when i had went to australia to spend my spring break with him.

once i got into the car, they had taken me to zo's old house. "aight get ready." gelo helped me grab my stuff while jaden and i had walked into the house talking.

"you'll be staying in dmos old room." she smiled. i really liked jaden. she was perfect for liangelo. balanced em out, you know?

i nodded and smiled as gelo put my stuff inside the room. jaden sat on the bed, "aye! imma go to the estate, stay and help y/n with whatever." gelo shut the front door.

"so..." i smiled and looked at jaden, "you and liaaangeeeloooo..?" she laughed.

"we're good. really makes me happy. but i'm lowkey sad about transferring to baylor. it's closer to family. however, ucla's been a fun ride. especially staying with gelo." she smirked and i pushed her shoulder playfully. lul nasty.

"shut up." we laughed. "i'm excited to be here. i haven't seen my boo in months. all i get is videos and photos. i need some real stuff." i made that face and we started laughing.

"girl... i feel you." i got up and picked out an outfit. "lemme see what you got."

i put on a leggings and his shirt. "here." jaden hysterically started laughing. "what..?" i looked at her confused.

"bitch, you're joking right..?" she stopped laughing as i shook my head 'no'. "nope. nope. nooooo!" she got up and went through my suitcase. she threw a laced bodysuit and ripped jeans on the bed.

"no. jaden, no. i cant wear that, it's too revealing." i shook my head.

"nope. you're wearing it." i rolled my eyes. "y/n y/m/n y/l/n soon to be ball.. you're wearing it. i don't care."

soon, i was wearing the fit and jaden was helping me straighten my hair. "bitchhhhhh! you're getting the dick." i laughed at her and made that 'you already know' face.

-

it was now time to leave. jaden and i were going to go to the game when they were in halftime.

as i walked into the building, my nerves were up. anxiety built up. all eyes were on me and jaden. i took a deep breathe and jaden smiled at me. i sat where melo always sat on the bench, when coach was talking, waiting for the boys to walk out.

i watched as they each individually came out. there he was, my lamelo. he locked eyes with me and quickly came to me. i stood up and he hugged me picking me up. "what are you doing here? i'm dreaming arent i?" i laughed as he put me down.

"no. you're not bud. i'm here. seriously. i missed you." he lowered himself for me to kiss him.

"i wish we can talk more, but i got to to go. and cover up.. i don't want these dudes taking you." he grabbed his warmup shirt and gave it to me.

"i love you. you'll do good."

"i know, i love you too and more." before leaving he gave me a kiss and slapped my ass. classic melo move. it apparently 'helps him become a better shooter'. dumbest excuse ever.

i went back to sit back with jaden and the family.
-

as the game finished, we won 96-52.

i ran up to melo. "perioddddd!" i sang, "ew you're sweaty." i unwrapped my arms from his torso.

"you're so cute and weird."

"you're ugly."

"girl, you're ugly head ass." he mocked me in a girl tone. "come here." he pulled me by my arm closer to him. "let's get outta here.. and let's go get taco bell." i smiled.

"you're a fatass. i love you for that."

-
creds to @_triinityy_ for the idea. thank you sm! 🤍
- sativa 💕💕💕