friends - amari bailey

y/n's pov

i watched as amari hugged his girlfriend tightly. i wish it was me. we could've been something special. however, i was just put into the friendzone.

i went up to amari and he hugged me. it felt nice, but i also felt her eyes glaring at me. i was no home wrecker, so i let go. "you did good out there."

amari smiled and thanked me. "how about we go to get ice cream as a celebration?"

we all agreed on it. i stuck with nikki and brandon. i couldn't be in the same car with those two.

"so y/n, you and amari?" i sighed at nikkis question.

i shook my head, "we're just friends. always have been, since middle school."

brandon chuckled, "we saw the way you looked when he hugged her."

we all definitely had something against his girlfriend. she was cocky, ignorant, and problematic. but whatever makes amari happy, makes me happy for him.

i shrugged and plugged my phone into aux. after ten minutes, we landed at the ice cream bar. i went along inside to be greeted by amari with his hands on his girls waist. that should be me.

bronny came around the back of me and tried to put me in a headlock jokingly. i turned around and pushed him. "ew a freshie."

"shut up, you know you love me." bronny put his arm around my shoulder. bronny was one of my little brothers. my family and his family are extremely close.

i shook my head and went along to order. we all took a seat at a table. i across from amari as his girlfriend sat right next to him.

"hey, my dad said we can all go over and swim." bronny looked up from his phone.

the conversation between all of us went on about basketball, college, people we didn't like. i wish i had the boldness to say i didn't like amari's girl. yet, i wanted to be mature and push my bullshit aside.

we all went home to grab our swim stuff and went to bronny house. amari and i were the first ones there. i'm guessing his girl didn't come because she was nowhere to be seen.

i sat by the pool and dipped my feet in, going thru my phone. i was just aimlessly scrolling on instagram when i felt someone's arm around me. it was amari.

"hey you alright? you've been looking down since after the game." wow it took him time to notice.

i nodded my head. "you sure?" no, no i'm not sure.

"yeah." i lied and put my phone beside me.

it was just us two outside. bronny was inside doing something for his mom, and the others still didn't arrive yet.

as i turned to face him, he cupped my cheek caressing it. before i could speak he kissed me. surprisingly, i kissed back.

it last a few seconds before i decided to pull away. it was wrong to wreck this relationship. i was not the type of person to get in the way of someone's happiness.

"what's wrong?" amari spoke softly.

i really wish he knew. i sighed, "you have a girlfriend. i dont wanna break your relationship up."

amari eyed me, "she doesn't need to know about this. it was just a one time thing."

i shrugged. "yeah, and if that's how you feel." i didn't want to hurt myself as i buried myself within his love, that he didn't even want me to have. there was a reason he didn't choose me .

amari got up and went into the house. i just sat there on the ledge messing with the water with my hand. i really wish i had told him before, but obviously i am just his friend. i could be nothing more to him.

authors note;
would you guys like if i came out with a book about sharife cooper or josh christopher and put the main character as y/n? i don't know what it should be about though. but if you want me to come out with it, drop some ideas for the plot.
i also came out with a lil mosey book. that is my husband, no kap. i love my hoppers, but i gotta give a little love to the rappers themselves. stuck with u is also out it is a mikey williams book. you guys should really check them out 💕.

- sativa 🖤