Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to UntamablySavage
Thanks for reading!

†††††

After three days of confining myself in my room, I allowed the mansion's servants to serve me.

As expected, everyone's afraid of Henrietta. They would avoid eye contact, wouldn't speak unless asked, and would tremble every time I raised my voice. It amazes me how tyrannical the owner of this body can be despite looking like a damsel in distress.

Four maids serve Henrietta— Giselle, Emma, Mary, and Anna. 

Giselle is the one who's always with Henrietta. She's like her 'personal assistant' whom she brings wherever she goes. She was also the one who came inside the room first and the one who informed the others that I was awake. 

She's been serving Henrietta for only a few months because the original changes her maids a lot. If she didn't like them, she'll discard them and order the Lovell head butler to find her new ones.

"Giselle," I called. 

I was sitting on the sofa, staring at the food on the table. It's a variety of leafy foods. Some looked like ordinary salads, while others looked rather unsightly. 

"What are these?"

The maid standing beside me flinched. She tightened her grip on the tray that she was holding. 

"T-they're foods that are a p-part of your diet, m-m-milady."

"Really?" I raised a brow. 

I picked up a fork and started to 'inspect' the 'food' in front of me. 

So, Henrietta is a vegan? But these vegan dishes, aside from the salad, do not look edible. There's a bowl filled with green soup that looks like they were algae. 

"How long have I been eating these?"

"M-milady has been eating these e-even before I became milady's m-maid," Giselle answered in a low voice. 

"Milady has always been c-conscious— careful with what to eat. Milady s-said that e-eating plant-based food would retain youth and b-beauty. Therefore, you abstain from eating meat and other animal-based food."

So, the original had been meticulous when it came to health. No wonder her skin is this fair and smooth. I find it funny how she wanted to live long but proceeded to bury one of her legs in a grave she dug herself.

I dropped the fork and leaned my back on the sofa. 

I would die eating these. I haven't even started my survival plan but I would already die if I continued eating this food.

"Is there something wrong, milady?"

"Starting today, I won't be eating these," I declared with my arms crossed. "Tell the kitchen I want to change my diet. Starting today, I want to have a balance of everything."

"B-but milady, suddenly returning to eating meat—"

I looked at her, my face brimming with confidence. "I am well aware of what I am doing. You do not have to worry too much about it."

She lowered her head, "U-understood."

I nodded. I was about to stand up when I suddenly remembered something.

"By the way, what happened... that day?" I asked while looking at her. "The day I fainted."

Five days ago, Henrietta fainted while she was out on a stroll with Giselle. The day she fainted was the day I arrived in this world.