Chapter 8

Warning! Unedited chapter! Typographical and grammatical errors are everywhere. Beware!

‡‡‡‡‡

To hug the male lead's thighs.

If all else failed, it was the last option, and 'make him fall for me.' But the latter was already out of the question when I thought of it. Alaric hated Henrietta so much that a bud of simple like wouldn't sprout.

I thought of running away, but that would be continuously avoiding a looming fate. And where would I go? I know nothing about this world.

It's a strange and unfamiliar world, and if I were to try and survive, uncertain of the things hidden behind it would be the same as running towards death itself.

Becoming Marchioness Lovell was the most feasible plan.

If I became the new head of the Lovell Household, instead of Henrietta's brother, I would have the power to cut him off from the family. Then, the whole Lovell family wouldn't be branded as traitors. It would also mean more opportunities for the noble faction to stop trying to eliminate the Lovell House.

Being the Marchioness has a lot of benefits. Assets I could use to be sustainable in this world and a name to protect myself.

But, it would be hard to achieve in a world where men ruled, where women are satisfied with their role in managing a household, caring for their husbands, and making babies.

But it doesn't mean it's impossible.

This is where hugging the male lead's thighs comes in. I just have to get on Alaric's good side.

The rebellion will happen the moment Alaric sits on the throne. But before it happens, I have already pledged my loyalty to Alaric, becoming an indispensable weapon by his side.

I rarely praise myself, but being a transmigrator from a world where the possibility of it becoming a type 1 civilization is huge. As an officer of a country's military special force, and a person knowledgeable of the novel's plot, I must say I am the perfect person Alaric needs to claim the crown without any hassle.

I am presenting myself on a silver platter.

I waited for Alaric's reply. But he didn't utter a single word. He stood there for a moment before leaving without even giving me a single glance, disappearing into the entrance of the imperial garden.

I sighed. My heartbeat was already returning to its normal pace.

As expected, hugging the male lead's thighs is also not that easy. Alaric had already built a wall between him and Henrietta. It was presumptuous of me to think he would immediately accept my invitation.

But who says I'll give up?

I clenched my fists. To hug the male lead's thighs, I prepared many alternative plans. I even wrote a letter and intended to give it to one of his guards instead of talking to him personally. But, he suddenly appeared, so I took the chance to tell him what I intended to say in that letter.

I won't let all the alternative routes I prepared to get the first step of my plan to work go to waste.

I captured many notorious terrorist groups and criminals in my past life. I served the country until the day I died. One cold and uncaring prince can't stop me.

Just you wait, Alaric. I have already decided to start a new life in this world.

"Milady!" a male voice sounded from behind me. Then came hurried footsteps.

What's with people suddenly appearing? And each of them brought surprises. These surprises must have drained my energy because I suddenly felt a bout of dizziness.