Chapter 26 || The End of KitPea

"Calm down, Kit." Charles tried to soothe, looking to Sweet Pea for help. As soon as the tape had ended, he called Charles and I cried. I had no idea what the tape meant, but I couldn't help but feel that the life of my unborn child was being threatened. Charles had turned off the tape as soon as he got here, and his sole focus was trying to get me to stop crying. "It's just an empty threat, Kit. Nothing is going to happen to you or your baby."

"How do you know?" I cried. "I know I wasn't conscious after I was shot, but I don't think anyone in the crowd during the riots had a baby with them! What else could it mean?"

"It's just a tape." Charles pressed. "Jughead got one showcasing his almost death, Cheryl got one showing a recreation of Jason getting killed, and now you've got one. But, it's just a tape. No one is going to hurt you, Kit. I promise."

"I need dad." I sniffed. "I ne- I need dad."

"I'll go get him." Charles whispered, patting my knee and heading up the stairs. Within seconds, my father came stomping down the stairs. He sat beside me on the couch and pulled me into his arms.

"I'm scared." I whined, hugging my father tight.

"I won't let anything happen to you, pumpkin." He reassured, rubbing my back. "You're safe. Your baby is safe."

"How do they know?" I sniffed. "I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant except for the people in this house."

"We'll figure it out, pumpkin." Dad said, kissing the top of my head. "You need to just relax, and not let this stress you out. It's not good for you, or the baby."

"I'm trying." I wiped my cheeks. "But I can't help but be scared... I mean, no one else knows I'm pregnant. So, how did this freakshow find out, and why are they threatening my baby?"

"You have to find this son of a bitch." Sweet Pea finally spoke, glaring directly at Charles. "Because if I find him before you do, I'm going to kill him."

"We'll find him." Charles nodded. "You both just need to go about your business like you normally would. I'll send som-"

"No." I shook my head. "I'll use my Serpents to protect me and my family. It's less suspicious that way."

"Fine." Charles nodded.

"Come comfort your girlfriend, son." Dad commanded, letting me go and approaching Sweet Pea. "She needs that more than you being angry."

"Alright." Sweet Pea nodded, settling onto the couch beside me before wrapping his arms around me. "We're going to be fine, baby."

"You'll keep us safe, right?" I asked, curling into his arms.

"I'll always keep you safe." Sweet Pea promised. "Both of you."

--------

"You guys glued principal Honey to his chair?" I questioned, looking out at my friends in the student lounge. "You know he's not going to be happy with you, right?"

"He's not going to know it was us." Reggie stated, shooting me a  smirk.

"He'll probably figure it out." Sweet Pea rolled his eyes.

"Enough about Honey." Ronnie leaned forward, locking eyes with me. "What's been going on with you, Kitty?"

"Aside from coming to terms with Jughead's resurrection, nothing much." I shrugged.

"There's nothing new you want to share with us, Kit?" Jughead questioned, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Not particularly." I shook my head.