30

Chapter 30 || Bonus Happy Content

For the lovely king_namjoon <3

"You're not being serious, are you?" Eddie asked, watching with wide eyes as I handed him a large suitcase.

"I'm being so serious." I laughed.

"We're going to Florida?" He questioned, looking between Sweet Pea and I.

"We are going to Florida." I nodded.

"What did I do to deserve a trip to Florida?" Eddie asked, slowly accepting the suitcase.

"You deserve a break from this town." I told him. "And you deserve to be a kid above all else. So, Sweet Pea and I decided to take you to Disney World and to Universal."

"You guys are the best." Eddie cried, throwing his arms around me. I laughed and hugged him back, running a hand through his hair.

"Get packed up, kiddo." I told him. "We have a flight to catch."

--------

The money I won from Reggie's bet on Archie's boxing match would cover this trip, including food, the hotel, and souvenirs. It would stretch even further into a down payment for a house to rent in Massachusetts. Bulldogs don't make good decisions when they're blinded by their loyalty, especially not with their college money.

The look on Eddie's face as he watched the plane take off from his window seat made me smile. He looked so genuinely excited to be experiencing new things. Sweet Pea sat on the aisle seat, making sure we were both safe and comfortable on the short flight down to Florida.

Eddie kept a strong grip on my hand as he tugged me out of the airport, pointing at things he'd never seen before and grinning with childlike glee. I laughed as he bounced on his toes, looking wildly excited to go anywhere.

Sweet Pea managed to get us a rental car despite being underaged, and pulled it around the front of the airport to pick Eddie and I up. He tucked our suitcases into the trunk of the car and headed off toward the Disney World resorts.

We'd opted to stay in the Caribbean Beach Resort, surprising Eddie with a pirate room. He just about lost his mind when he saw the pirate ship beds, quickly choosing the bed furthest from the door.

"We get to stay here?" Eddie asked, looking at me with a wide smile.

"Unless you'd rather we check in somewhere else?" I teased, laughing as he shook his head. "Good, because this place is ours for two weeks."

"Two weeks?" Eddie gasped. "What are we going to do first?"

"First, we're going out for food." I told him. "And then we're going to relax for the day. All the excitement starts tomorrow."

"Why'd they give us bracelets at the front desk?" Eddie asked, looking down at his blue band.

"It opens the hotel room door." I told him. "It also will be used to pay for things while we're here so long as it's within the parks and resorts."

"Are you sure I should have this power?" Eddie asked, his eyes wide.

"So long as you don't go too crazy, I'll be able to afford it." I shrugged. "You don't worry about that. You be a kid, and you have fun."

--------

The next morning, I woke both boys up before the parks opened, telling them that we needed to get breakfast while I checked on our fast pass and photo package status. They groggily got up and got dressed for the humid weather, complaining about their hair as they went.