11

11 || Thanksgiving

Again, the time in Riverdale seemed to fly by. Thanksgiving had rolled around quicker than any of us expected, and the time that had passed had been mostly quiet. After the stunt Dodger pulled with shooting into Archie's house while Archie and Mrs. Andrews were in the living room, and Dodger being found half-dead rolled up inside of a carpet outside El Royale, nothing major had happened. Hiram became the new Mayor, but was mostly keeping his nose clean and staying away from me, so he hadn't raised any red flags.

The only thing that plagued my mind at the moment was the idea that I was still hiding something from Sweet Pea. And while I had been reassured that it was for the best, it still didn't feel right. Sadly, the only distraction I had from these thoughts was my school work, so my grades were all near-perfect.

Eddie had been adjusting really nicely, and Toby had taken to hanging around with us instead of Dodger. Eddie would meet up with Toby before school at Pop's and they would walk together to school. His grades were good, and he'd taken to learning more about football with Reggie and Sweet Pea.

Betty was leaving to spend some time with Jughead, and Sweet Pea and I were working hard to make this Thanksgiving special. This would be Eddie's first Thanksgiving with his new family, and JB's first Thanksgiving without our mother.

Alice and my dad were up in the kitchen, and Sweet Pea and I were with JB and Eddie down in the basement. JB and Eddie were arguing over what movie to watch, and I was in my own kitchenette making hot chocolate for them.

"Kit!" JB called. I glanced away from the mugs and looked over at JB.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Eddie said we can't watch scary movies because it's after Halloween." JB huffed.

"Oh, my dear Eddie." I shook my head. "We watch scary movies year round in this house."

"Fine." Eddie groaned, rolling over onto the floor. "But I want to watch Child's Play."

"The original, or the remake?" Sweet Pea asked. I smiled at their easy conversation and poured hot chocolate into four mugs. I put the mugs on a tray with a bowl full of marshmallows and a bottle of whipped cream and carried it out to the living room.

"Hot chocolate, anyone?" I asked, placing the tray down on the coffee table.

"You're the best!" JB grinned, reaching for a mug and a handful of marshmallows.

"What should we do for dinner tomorrow night?" I asked, sipping my own hot chocolate.

"Alice told me she was going to convince dad to dinner at Pop's tomorrow." JB shrugged. "I was planning on going to Archie's gym."

"No." I shook my head. "Hiram's going to shut that down, and even if Archie keeps it open, I have a weird feeling."

"I'm down for anything." Eddie shrugged, dropping a few marshmallows into his mug. "I've never had a real Thanksgiving."

"Tomorrow, you will." I decided.

"Oh, are you going to cook?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Oh yeah, and you're going to help me." I smiled.

"Sounds good to me." Sweet Pea grinned, wrapping his arm around me as he sipped from his mug.

--------

"Kitty!" Reggie's voice sounded, ringing out above the hum of the Serpents in the house.

"Kitchen!" I called, wiping my hands off on my apron.