27

Chapter 27 || Prom Night

The weeks leading up to the senior prom were uneventful for Sweet Pea and myself. Jughead and Betty were off sleuthing, Archie and Veronica were trying to woo the Commandant of the Naval Academy, and Toni and Cheryl were campaigning for co-queens of the prom.

Naturally, I'd already purchased my prom dress. I'd taken JB with me so we could have a girls day out. Of course, my Serpents followed us because of the lingering threat to my unborn child. However, nothing out of the ordinary happened on our outing, which put me at ease.

I was excited for prom. I genuinely couldn't wait to spend time with my boyfriend, friends, and family one last time before heading off to Harvard for school. While I wouldn't be far from Riverdale, I knew it would be one of the last times we were all together before life could take us in our own directions.

I was pulled from my own thoughts as my phone started to ring beside me. I sat up in bed and looked down at the contact, smiling to myself softly before answering it.

"Hey, Jug." I greeted.

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" He asked.

--------

While Betty and Jughead visited with Bret, I sat a few stalls away speaking with one of my Serpents inside, War Baby. I knew he had a reputation on the inside, and I knew that his name alone would scare Bret. However, I wanted to have a little fun with the preppy before I never had to see him again.

"Hey, boss." War Baby greeted with a smirk. I shared a look with the officer monitoring the visits, and with a nod he walked away from the visitation area, leaving Bret and War Baby unattended behind the glass. "You have pull on the inside?"

"Hiram's not the only one with a payroll." I shrugged. "Anyway, How have you been?"

"I'm doing fine." War Baby nodded. "What about you? Heard about your brother."

"Yeah, he's down there talking to that arrogant preppy a few stalls down." I informed.

"I hate preppies." War Baby growled.

"I know you do." I nodded with a smirk of my own. "Which is why I know you'll have no problem making sure our boy Bret down there cooperates with us."

"You know I'll do anything for you boss." He smirked.

"Good." I nodded. "I'm going to go talk with Bret. Maybe you should follow me down there."

"You got it." War Baby grinned. I hung up my phone and strolled into view of Bret's little stall. His arrogant smirk dropped as Jughead handed me his phone.

"Hi, Bret." I greeted smugly. "We need to talk."

"I already told your brother I'm not talking." Bret growled.

"See, I had a feeling you would say that." I smirked. "Which is why I brought my friend War Baby with me."

Bret's face fell, and fear shone in his eyes as he glanced behind him. At the smirk War Baby was giving Bret, he turned back around, giving me a pleading look.

"Do you know who he hates more than anyone else?" I questioned. "Preppies. It also doesn't help that you generally irritate me, and War Baby is unsupervised."

"What's the investigation?" Bret asked.

"Thanks for cooperating, Bret." I nodded, handing the phone back to Jughead. "You'll have about ten minutes before my guard comes back. Bret doesn't give you what you ask for, give War Baby a nod. He'll make Bret cooperate."