18

Chapter 18 || Exorcising Demons of the Past

"And you have to leave wearing that?" Sweet Pea asked, gesturing to the flashy dress I was wearing. "Why?"

"You can come with me, if you promise to blend in and keep out of the way unless I really need you."

"You're not going to get hurt, are you?" Sweet Pea asked.

"No." I shook my head. "I don't plan on getting hurt."

"You never plan on getting hurt, Kit. You just end up getting hurt." He groaned. "I'll just drive you there and wait in the truck."

"Sounds good." I grinned, slipping some heels on. Sweet Pea helped me into the truck and held my hand the whole way to Cheryl's club.

"When you get home, I'll make you some hot chocolate, and we'll watch movies until we pass out." Sweet Pea said as he parked the truck outside. "I promise you'll have a somewhat relaxing weekend after this is over with."

"I love you." I grinned, leaning over and kissing him softly.

"I love you too." He smiled. "Text me or call me if you need me."

"Will do. Be back soon." I hopped out of the truck and headed inside, adjusting my dress as I went. I slipped into the Maple Club and found Toni at the bar.

"Hey." She greeted.

"Hey." I smiled, slipping behind the bar with her.

"You know the plan. Here is the master keycard, remember which suite it is?" Toni asked, sliding me her keycard.

"Yes." I nodded. "Remind me why it can't be you to lure him in?"

"Because I'll be with Cheryl preparing the other part of the plan." Toni said. "Besides, he'll be expecting to see me. I'm throwing him a curveball."

"Alright." I nodded. "When is he supposed to get here?"

"In about five to ten minutes." Toni informed. "I'll be here to greet him, and then I'll sneak off. Keep him entertained, Kitty."

"I got it." I nodded.

People were already gathered around the bar, and after Toni taught me a few of the specialty drinks, I started making drinks like I used to at the Wyrm. I noticed Nick St. Clair immediately after he walked into the Maple Club, and it took everything in me not to glare at the smug bastard.

After watching him and his rowdy friends party for about twenty minutes, I poured a special drink for Nick and sauntered over to his table. I slapped a smile on my face as his eyes met mine, and I placed the drink down right between Nick and I.

"Refill?" I asked sweetly.

"You read my mind, sweetheart." He cooed, placing his empty glass down.

"Maybe you'd like to enjoy it with me in a private room." I propositioned, leaning across the table and looking up at him through my lashes. As he turned to look at his friends, I pushed away from the table and walked towards the door.

As expected, Nick St. Clair stupidly followed me out of the Maple Club and out into the hallway. Predictably, he was cradling the special drink I made him. Suppressing a smirk, I led him to the suite Toni set up, stringing him along straight to the bedroom.

"You little minx." He mused, leaning against the doorway of the bedroom with a smirk.

"Relax." I offered him a convincing smile. "Drink up, and uh... I'm gonna get a little more comfortable. Okay?"