29

Chapter 29 || Graduation

The last day of high school was upon the Riverdale High seniors. I stood in front of my bathroom mirror, looking at the scars on display on the left side of my face and collarbone. I felt a small smile make its way onto my face as I remembered the first time I stepped into Riverdale High.

A social outcast, quite obviously out of place. That's what I was. I stuck out like a sore thumb, and the only reason that the crowd of upperclassmen hadn't swallowed me up was because of the tight grip I had on my slightly older brother.

"Come on, Katarina." Jughead rushed, spotting his redheaded best friend. "I found Archie!"

"It's Kitty." I mumbled, stumbling after my tall brother.

"Hey Kat, hey Jug." Archie greeted, a smile on his chubby cheeks. "How was your summer?"

"Boring." Jughead scoffed. "Katarina and I spent most of it in the trailer with our dad."

I shook the thought from my head, smiling softly at the people we were. I took a step back, running a hand through my hair before ducking out of the bathroom. I slipped on my favorite boots and my trusty Serpent Jacket before seeking out Sweet Pea.

"Ready to go?" I asked, finding Sweet Pea in our bedroom.

"Yeah." Sweet Pea nodded, smirking down at me. "Wearing your jacket on the last day?"

"Of course." I smiled up at him. "Why wouldn't I?"

"That's a good point." Sweet Pea chuckled. "I have a surprise for you today."

"Oh, really?" I asked. "What is it?"

"I'll tell you when we're outside." He smirked.

"What?" I questioned. "Why?"

"Come on." He laughed, tugging me up the stairs  "Eddie made you a pancake."

"A pancake?" I giggled.

"He burned the others, but he got one good one for you." Sweet Pea chuckled.

"I love that boy." I stated, walking behind Sweet Pea into the kitchen.

"Happy last day of high school, Kitty!" Eddie cheered, holding up a plate with a single pancake on it. "I, uh, failed at the rest of breakfast... But I made you a pancake!"

"Thanks, Eds." I grinned, taking the plate from his hands. "I appreciate it."

I ate the pancake while the boys poured themselves bowls of cereal. I smiled softly at them both as we ate, thinking back to my very first day of high school. My father had worked extremely hard to get Jughead and I into Riverdale High, even going as far as to use Fred Andrews' address to ensure we would get a good education.

"You excited for it all to end?" My father sounded. I looked up at him with a smile, reaching for the cup of coffee he had in his hand.

"Excited is the wrong word." I told him, sipping the coffee. "Relieved sounds better."

"You have a good day, okay." Dad smiled. "I can't wait to see you graduate tomorrow."

"I love you daddy." I grinned.

"Come on, Kit." Sweet Pea smiled. "Time to go."

"See you both later." I said, waving at Eddie and my dad as Sweet Pea grabbed something. He offered me a wide grin as he handed me my helmet. "Wait, really?"

"Come on." Sweet Pea nodded. "I'm driving."

"Of course." I nodded excitedly. "You're the best."