Ambush

I run to the healing tent. Dumrul Alp had come in the morning, telling me it was all right to visit my kardeş. I push past the curtains and run up to the bed. "Yusuf'm'" I say, stroking his hair gently, "Who did this to you my baby brother."

I hear a cough. "Abla, there are other Alps in the tent. Don't embarrass me." I laugh. "You're already feeling better enough to put your cool act back on, huh." We talk for a few more minutes. He tells me about the trap Osman Bey set, and how successful it was. Just then I hear someone entering the tent. It was the Hatun healer.

She takes me to the side. "Yusuf Alp's wound is probably going to get infected," I gasp, "however, you can stop it. Just go to the Shafi Plains. You will find a purple herb. Bring that to save your brother." I run out of the tent with a basket. I hop on my horse, Karim, and gallop towards the plains.

When I get there I see hundreds of different weeds. How am I gonna find a small purple one? I start to make my way towards the middle of the field. I see dandelions and poppies. I catch a glimpse of something purple. Alhamdullilah, I found it. I take out my hançer and cut it. I place it into the basket, and am about to gallop back to the camp on Karim.

An arrow barely misses my head. I duck and make a grab for my hançer. I slide off of my at and grab his saddle. I duck under him for protection, but no more arrows come. Balgay's other commander, Çerkutay, walks out of the bushes with about two dozen askerler. I know I am not gonna make it, so I slap Karim, hoping he could bring the medicine for Yusuf. "Tell them Zeynep is in trouble, Karim, hadi git!"