Gone

I throw the copied document into Amir hands. My bow, arrows, dagger, and sword are next to me. I immediately push the dagger into my belt, and sheathe my sword. Thanks to the Devlet Savaşları I can fight, and it was time to help my tribe.

"Zeynep! They will be fine. You aren't with them anymore. Your oath is an oath. Really, Osman is strong enough! ZEYNEP!! Come back!"

I cringe as I hear Amir's words. I know I am a part of them now, but my tribe, my family. I feel a longing towards them. I can't stay here.

"Zeynep."

He says it softly and kindly. His voice is filled with no disappointment or anger. It is like he knows how I feel. How I have to get back. My brother died because of the mongols. No other Kayi family will get to experience what I felt. I am not letting any more Hatuns and mothers mourn for their men. I turn and face him, my eyes softening.

"I'm sorry Kılıç Bey. But I have to go."

He smiles at me and says, "Your last mission of Devlet Savaşları: Who will be the person to establish the Turks state."

I load my arrow and answer, "Osman Bey"

With no turning back, I pull back my bow, and head back to where I belong.

Hey! I know it's a pretty short chapter, but the story is ending soon and I'm trying to extend it. More suspense. 😏