My Mission

Turns out, Kılıç Arslan was still alive when Ertugrul Bey went to protect them. His wound was cut deeply, and his heart beat was down. Because of the Sultan's death a few days before, Ertugrul was suspicious of traitors. He didn't know who to trust among his alps. All the other alps thought the Shezade actually died, except for Turgut. While Turgut Bey was supposedly burying the prince's body, he actually healed him and sent him off. The Shezade worked undercover behind the Seljuks ever since.

"Shezade, it is an honor to meet you," I say and look towards the ground. In Islam, we don't bow before our leaders and Sultans, so I slightly looked down to show respect.

"Please, call me Kılıç Bey. I am now your mentor, your boss, but I quit being a Shezade years ago." I can still see the pain of losing his mother in his eyes. Apparently , the Sultana lost her life while protecting her son.

After explaining and learning a bunch about this secret organization, Amir takes me to find my talent.

————————————————————————

After THREE WHOLE DAYS, my talents are found. I have a knack with calligraphy. I can copy any handwriting I see. I also have a way with not being seen while about. Amir says these are great qualities and is thoughtful while he leads me to my cave room to rest.

Amir leaves to go discuss with Kılıç Bey of what my mission should be. I am left alone and take off my headscarf as I perform ablution.

My family is probably worried. I have been gone for almost a whole week, when I was only supposed to be out for a few minutes getting herbs. Yusuf might be healed now, InshaAllah, if Karim got the medicine for him. All I wish is for him to be well. I make dua for my Yusuf after praying Dhuhr.

Amir fetches me for Kılıç Bey. I have a very important mission. It has to do with my tribe and Balgay. "Zeynep, your mission is to retrieve the laws of Genghis Khan and make a fake copy of them. This might take hours or months. It might lead to success or to death. Are you with us? Do you except this mission?"

I was honored with the assignment and couldn't wait to help the Turkish Nation.

"I do!"

Hey y'all!
Hoped you liked the chapter. Because of her mission, Zeynep won't see Konur for a while 😢 but next time she does there will be loads of ZeyKon. If you have any feedback or recommendations for upcoming chapters pls comment. I might not post for a while because I am busy, but ur help will help me a lot. 💕💕