He Came

It has been a few days since my return to the Tribe. The martyrs' bodies were mourned over, and now they lie deep in the Kara Earth. Every morning I wake up grateful for my family and tribe. Being a non-existent Hatun is much easier than worrying your head off, while sitting in Balgay's tent.

I can't forget the smile and happiness on my parents' faces as they saw me after my 'death'.

Yusuf opens the door to our çadır and heads inside. I slowly follow him, wanting my coming to be a surprise. "Ahhh, Yusuf. You are home safe, şükür ya rabbi! We can't leave anymore children to the hands of those mongol scum." Ana's eyes full with tears as the memories of Burak and I flood her brain. She leans against Baba and starts to weep. "Burak'im....Zeynep'im....how could you do this to me?" I step into the tent and speak. "Do what to you, Ana?"

Ana's eyes widen as she gets up in astonishment. "Zeynep....Zeynep....Yo- you are alive." I run into her arms and she strokes my scarf, scolding me to never scare her again.

Another amazing thing about being in the tribe is Konur. We are now waiting for the right time to ask Osman Bey if our engagement is appropriate. InshaAllah, with Osman Bey's kindness, we can be officially married soon.

The wedding of my friend Bala and Osman took place during my time away. I heard that it was epic! I really hope that Konur's and mine can be too.

I haven't seen Konur in a while due to his fulfillment of longing for Goktug. He told me to meet him my the rocks this evening, and he would tell me Osman's answer.

————————————————————————

The evening has finally fallen, and I change into a new pair of clothes. I put on a pale grey tunic filled with maroon red rose designs.

When I arrive at the rocks, he is already waiting. I look down and hide my blush. I put my hand to my chest and say, "Selam Aleykum, Konur Alp."

"Va Aleykum Selam Zeynep. However, no need for formalities anymore."

I look up and see a slight smile in his eyes. Wouldn't he be more happy if Osman said yes? I purse my lips, stopping bad thoughts from entering my mind. I walk closer to him, until I was just a few inches away from him. I look into his eyes and he smiles. It looks a little bit like a sad smile. He looks down and takes my delicate hands into his.

"Osman Bey- Bey'm said that- He is a kind man and respects other's feeling but- ama...." My heartbeat stops. "Ama ne?"

"He said....evet!!"

I let out a sigh of relief and laugh. He looks at me with a wide grin on his face. I return it, and we spend a moment there, gazing into each other's eyes.

Later when Konur was walking me back, I had an idea. "Konur?" I ask. "Evet.."

"What if maybe you tell Osman Bey to not tell anyone of our engagement. Then, he can hold a feast tomorrow, with all your friends and my family. We can tell the news there!"

"Great idea." He leaves me by my tent, and goes to his own. I smile as he walks into the distance. Sağol Çerkutay, I think, your kidnapping me has led to the marriage of my love.

————————————————————————

The next morning as I leave my tent, Batur Bey comes up to me. He had just healed, after Alişar Bey attempted to kill him. Dundar Bey saw, and saved his son. Finally, Osman and Dundar made up, and the tribe is mostly in peace.

"Selam Aleykum Zeynep Hatun!" I greet him with my selams and ask what is the matter. "There is an adam in front of my father's marquee. He asks to see you." Who could it be? I thank Batur Bey and walk up to Dundar Bey's otağ. Questions fill my mind.

When I get there, a man is turned. "Selam?" The man turns and my eyes widen.

"Amir?!?!?!?"