Stealing

"HAYDI MONGOLARS!!! OUR GREATEST ENEMY, OSMAN, WILL DIE TOMORROW!! PARTY TIME!!!!!"

As much as I want to stop them from hurting Osman, I have work to do. It would take so little to find out what they are up to, and to warn my Bey. But the Devlet Savaşları said I was a part of them. I couldn't turn back to the tribe, even if my origin stayed there. Joining the group was the hardest decision of my life.

I watch and wait until all the mongols are distracted. No one is at their post, and that leaves me to pretend to join their party to blend in. Half the Mongolians are drunk, and there are only a few left, partying. Cerkutay is going crazy in the middle of a Mongolian circle. Balgay stands to the side, watching.

Now was the time.

I quickly leave the back of the circle and head to the çadır. I look inside, and come across a dresser.

Throwing stuff around, I don't find anything except for dirty armor in the drawer. I peek outside and see that no one is coming back inside soon. I quickly fold the stuff and put it back, not wanting Balgay to realize.

The shouting of Balgay is once heard again. I scan the room and almost skip over a chest peeking from under Balgay's 'throne'. 

I throw open the lid, and snatch a red velvet cloth off the object inside.

"WE NEED ENERGY FOR KILLING OSMAN SOLDIERS. SO LETS WRAP THINGS UP AND HEAD TO BED!"

I don't have enough time. I run my hands over the object, a dagger. I unsheathe it and-

I was right. The laws, they are here. I have to run back to Kılıç Bey and copy the laws before Balgay notices. We need fake laws in his presence. So the Mongolian soldiers won't crowd everywhere, looking for it. We need to do whatever we have to, in peace.

I grab the laws and sneak out from the back of the tent. I see Balgay cracking his neck, and heading inside.

I made it! In less than one day, I already got the laws, with no notice. I slip into the woods, heading back to Amir's meeting spot.