Konur Alp

I am just a normal Hatun in the tribe. My family doesn't stand out, as my father isn't one of Ertuğrul Bey's closest alps. I am just greeted with warm smiles when I enter the weaving house and start to weave. My abi follows battles led by Kara Osman but he has never got special time with him.

When I started to get to know Bala Hatun, I felt slightly more comfortable and I didn't feel so left out. She is a hoş kadın. Always treats people with respect and kindness. Rumor has it Osman Bey is chasing her. I can see why. Who wouldn't want that pure face, with those big brown eyes, and a heart-warming smile.

I woke up this morning needing some fresh air. I dressed quickly and stepped out of my tent. The obasi was quiet this morning. I looked over across the path. I sighed. Konur Alp would never look at me. He probably doesn't even know I exist.

My love for him all started about üç years ago. I was behind the tribe, picking herbs for Zohre Hatun. I heard the hooves of a horse and ducked down, behind a bush. You can never be too careful, living in Ertuğrul Ghazi's tribe. Enemies seem to pop out from anywhere.

It was Konur Alp. I was embarrassed by my fright, and decided to stay behind the bush until he left. He stopped by a tree, and hopped down from his at.

As a Hatun of a tribe, I am very curious. Word has it's way of spreading quickly in the oba. I moved in closer to listen. He started stroking his at and talking.

"Ayyy, my dear at, my companion on all my journeys, my true kardeşim. I never found anyone here as great as you. You've been my brother for as long as I can remember," tears started streaking down his face, "My brother hasen't come, my Goktug is gone. Those stupid Mongols have seperated my family. All I have left is you."

I was suprised at his tears. I've always thought about him as fierce and strong. Don't get me wrong, he is strong an brave, but he has a soft side. After I saw him crying for his brother....

I shake out of my daydream. As I walk to the weaving house, I look over my shoulder. Konur Alp left his tent. He looks around, and his eyes land on me. I blush and turn away.