Battle

Goktug roars and jumps, striking his sword upon Balgay. Balgay, knowing his 'son', knew how he would fight, and blocked it. The lion roar that came from Goktug woke up all the mongols I saw sleeping earlier. We were down in numbers before, but now we were definitely going to be defeated.

I stab the first mongol to come at me in the heart. He falls and a face a mob of mongols. Fortunately, Goktug disarmed Balgay and some of the mongols left to attack him. He was a very good fighter, MashaAllah, and sent them all to Jahannam within a matter of minutes. I sliced through some of the soldiers who came at me, but one managed to slit a gash in my arm.

More reinforcements come and I struggle to take them on. Goktug is soon over powered, but still fights through. The mongols soon take us both down, me being injured, while Goktug just totally angry. They surround us with their spears, and Goktug roars a defeat.

————————————————————————

I flinch as Goktug yells out in pain. They captured us, and I was back on my post. Princess Sofia came, and smirks as she hands over a blue liquid to Balgay. I've seen that, while watching Artuk Bey examine what was given to the kids with Osman Bey while the Mongolians captured them.

My dad's sister, Ilçin Hatun, was a great help to Artuk Bey after he got blinded. It has been a great many years since then, and he passed away. Hiding it from everyone, his eye got infected while Albasti was burning it. Over time the infection got worse and worse, leading to his death 5 years later.

The vial in Balgay's hand contained a liquid so strong and evil, the greatest black magic was used to create it. It was even worse than the stuff the Mongolians used to brainwash Turks. It changed a person to do evil, only one great sin.

————————————————————————

Many hours passed, and I was left in darkness again. Kongar breathed heavily from in front of the tent. As much as Goktug resisted, the power of the poison got to him. He was Kongar, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

I feel two hands behind me, pushing on my chain. I'm about to yell, wondering who it belonged to and what they wanted. Whoever it was covered my mouth, and walked me away from the lair. "My friend, Goktug, we must save him." They hush me and continue on into the forest, forcing me with them.

As soon as we are far enough away from the forest, a hooded figure turned to me. "Your friend has been transformed into a mongol again, there is nothing to do about it." We walk on, as he explains who he is. He is part of something called devlet savaşçıları, a group of people who work behind the Seljuk state, as spies, trying to form the state Turks have always wanted.

He leads me to a cave, where I become a spy for this group. I might never return to my loved ones again.