A Short Introduction

I wasn't there the day Osman Bey was born. My anne gave birth to me two years after. However, my parents talk about it a lot.

It was Nowruz, and everyone was celebrating. My baba took place in the sheep race, however, Ertugrul Bey won.

Bamsi Alpbasi had just come back. He said his daughter was healthy and they named her Aslihan, after the brave Aslihan Hatun. I really want to meet her, after my anne described her as a yiğit hatun. She was martyred by Saddettin Kopek.

Everyone was happy during Nowruz, as Sadettin had just been held on the sword by Ertugrul Bey. Halime Sultan gave birth later that evening, and it became the happiest day of Ertugrul.  Kara Osman was being born.

It soon became the saddest day of Ertugrul. The birth of his great son couldn't even slightly cheer up the fact that his love had passed away the next morning. Anne said there was nothing greater than the love between Ertugrul Ghazi and Halime Sultan. Even when he remarried, he was never the same.

Now I am genç, and almost yetişkin. Osman Bey grew up, and is on the path his father paved for him. My baba always followed Ertugrul Bey, and now my abi follows Kara Osman. He brought in a young güzel hatun today. Her name is Bala. I spoke with her.

Aygül isn't too keen on having her here though. As Dundar Bey's daughter, she grew up with Osman, and fell in love with him.